Help Please.

• Thread starter Rory
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rory

Ok guys, I need some help, I have 50 blue bream clones that i transplanted a week ago into 6inch rockwool cubes, I use the general hydroponics feeding chart, and I use the flora duo reccirculating, I went off week one veg, which calls for 2.5 mililiters per gallon, I went ahead and used 3.5, but the next week calls for 5 per gallon, anyways, long story short my plants have purple stems and stalks, and color of the plant is a weak green/yellow looks unhealthy, Im almost 100% sure its Cal Mag, do I just need to give it more Cal Mag? I got alot of Cal Mag to use, lol. Help, need HELP!
PS - Ive been running this grow room now for eight cycles, and nothing but success, and i just changed my genetic line, and i run into this.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Please read the sticky and answer all the questions. Doing so and including photos will greatly increase the ability of others to help you out. Good luck!

outwest

ethnoman

ethnoman

For something like this, photos are pretty much mandatory.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Ya man, photos....When in doubt flush that shit out and start fresh....

yellowhead

yellowhead

Definitely sounds like a deficiency, but difficult to say without photos.

R

Rory

yes, I soaked the cubes, over 24 hours, at PH at 5.6 when finished. Its funny though, my PH is spiking! Ive never had PH issues like this. And im sorry guys, i dont have photos. What does a deficiency mean? And do i just give it more Cal Mag, or will that not fix it? And I havent changed anything in my nutrient regiment. The only thing differently this cycle in compared to last, is im letting my resevior water sit for 24 hours to disapate the chlorine out of it.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I would honestly flush to be safe, with pH'ed water. Just one good flush and then slowly get back to feeding. You should definitely look at your feeding program, make sure it is complete. Make sure to follow the dosage chart on the bottle and use the calmag as well, at the recommended dose.

Deficiency means, when your are lacking a specific nutrient.
Purple stems an stalks usually have to do with Phosphorus (P). I had the same problem in soil, stiff and purple/red stalks w/ heavy yellowing. I flushed super heavy and the new growth was dark green.

Unit541

Unit541

You say you soaked your cubes for over 24 hours and it was at PH 5.6 when finished. What is more important, is what was the PH when you put the cubes in to soak? Anything below 5.5 starts to break down the Rockwool itself. This can lead to damping off in seedlings, or symptoms of over-watering in older plants.

What's the PH of your feed solution? Too high can cause P def. I like to let mine swing between 5.3 and 6.3 for most of my gear.

When genetics is the only thing you change, you might as well change everything.

Top Bottom