• Thread starter XbeginnerX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XbeginnerX

XbeginnerX

Hi can anyone tell me a way to up my soils ph levels help needed fast thanks

Coir

Coir

Lime. There are many forms available. Hydrated is fast acting but can burn your plants if you use too much. There are also pH raise products available(potassium hydroxide) that are fast acting but don't have the long term effect that lime will have. Just be careful with anything you use as trying to change pH quickly often leads to more problems than the actual one you are trying to fix!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

How far along are they? What medium and nutes you using? Pics?

If your already seeing lockout symptoms it's too late to just "raise" it.

You'll need to flush out the root zone with correctly PH'd water or 1/4 strength nutes. This will take at least 2 gallons of water per 1 gallon of soil.

A full spectrum foliar feed will help relieve some lockout deficiencies.
Good luck! PH probs are a kick in the dick.

XbeginnerX

XbeginnerX

I am use biobizz root juice/bio grow but haven't used none yet because it says the soil will feed for so many weeks

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Ahh yeah. That's a tad more informational. Your good dude. If your using brand new potting soil it will come full of Lime. PH your nutes when they are ready for food and you'll be money.

XbeginnerX

XbeginnerX

So do they look ok I am worried because I test them today and ph was 4-5

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Are you testing the PH of the water you use?

They look over watered and the starts of a couple deficiencies. I figured those were related. Overwatering inhibits nute uptake.

4-5 is super low. You need to water in a bunch of 6.5.

XbeginnerX

XbeginnerX

I test it every time but i think i will have to get a better ph tester . So shall I let them dry out abit
then give them a good water with water what ph level is 6-5 I

mastagrizzle

mastagrizzle

I test it every time but i think i will have to get a better ph tester . So shall I let them dry out abit
then give them a good water with water what ph level is 6-5 I
What meter are you using? If Its a hannah get rid of it mine lasted two weeks and I ended up with a eco meter great investment. Peace and nuggs brah

mastagrizzle

mastagrizzle

Also best advice ive gotten on watering is go by weight of the pot to decide when to water

S

ssteely71

I see cal/mg lockout from overwatering. Thats my take on it. You dont need ferts or Ph adjustment. Just let that soil dry out and it will raise its own Ph. Also repotting those youngsters into soil that comes up to the first set of leaves and ditching those humidity cones, (plants need airflow) will help you too, That means 4-5'' deeper than I see it now. Best of luck!

S

ssteely71

Are you testing the PH of the water you use?

They look over watered and the starts of a couple deficiencies. I figured those were related. Overwatering inhibits nute uptake.

4-5 is super low. You need to water in a bunch of 6.5.

I disagree. More water at this point hurts him. Needs dry out time.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I disagree. More water at this point hurts him. Needs dry out time.
He has this harvested already. It turned out awesome.
He figured out to let it dry when I said its overwatered... Not really sure what you disagree with...

S

ssteely71

He has this harvested already. It turned out awesome.
He figured out to let it dry when I said its overwatered... Not really sure what you disagree with...

I guess Im not sure either then....My Bad.:sorry:

My reading comprehension while trimming and hash smoking is horrid. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom