help please

• Thread starter moyerjoey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moyerjoey

hello every one I have two questions first is I can get a pc grow box for about 300 do they work any good

next I can get a 24 plant 3 in 1 system from something hydro that is 400 watt hps would that be any good I would like to grow about 1 to 2 pounds of good bud every 2 months now I if I get the 24 plant system and kept them at about 2 feet tall about what would a plant yield in dry weight

and basically do these boxes work since I have to be stealthy and have only about 1300 1400 to start with and can't make one on my own without ppl knowing what it would be

R

Rural_GrowOp

In my opinion to get a couple pounds every harvest your going to need a bigger light than a 400. I would go with at least a 600 but your going to have to find a high yielding strain and get it dialed in before your going to get harvests like that.

I've never used the pc grow boxes so I can't comment on those.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
A pc grow box is a joke, I think they get a good belly laugh everytime someone buys one of those so stay away..

Plant hieght is not relivant to yield at all..so 2' tall plant really means nothing in the big scheme of things.

1 gram per watt should be your initial benchmark for yield and that take a little time to achieve as well. So a 400w will yield approx 400g if your on our game so that is less than one pound on it's best day and a 600w will be around a pound and a quarter, that's it. To pull two pounds every harvest your goin to have to step up pretty good.

2 pounds dried is approx 5 pounds wet and 5 pounds wet is a pile of plants and lights, real hard to pull off in a single closet or small grow box.

Read, read, and read some more, knowledge and experience are crucial to success. Start small and learn to grow first or you'll just waste your money on an expensive setup.

Get a Turbogarden ebb&flow setup, an air-cooled hood, a 600w Lumatek digi, a 6" inline fan, and a closet somewhere in the middle of the house. That is your best bet IMO.

Tex

M

moyerjoey

i understand that is there any high yielding strains you could suggest as far as growing i know how to ive done it before but it was in a shed under a 1000 watt hps light thing is now i live with ppl that i cant have knowing what im doing so i have to be as stealthy as possible and with all the systems out there that are plug and play i dont want to waste my money i can get the one system with the 400 watt light that holds 24 plants for around 1300 now i dont know if i can upgrade the light which i already know will help

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I harvested 7 grams shy of 1 1/2 lbs. on my first clone run with Double Dutch. With tweaking I think I can push the 1 3/4 lb - 2 lb mark but I'm running a 1000w hps in a 4x4 Homebox. Wouldn't want to try it with less wattage. DD, Chronic, Pot of Gold, Critical Mass, even AK-47 yields big. There's many big yielders out there, but dialing in a strain is the best way to yield big.

F

Fear

Go check out the 400watt club here. Dudes got fat closet with a 400w.

Peace from Cali

M

moyerjoey

ok I went to that link there's no pic or what's in the setup

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Yeah if you're want those kinda yields, you're gonna need at least a 600w like Tex said.. It will be small enough for stealth op and will be able to pull off what you need.. I'd go with some Chem related strains for quality smoke and yield, there are many more large yielding strains you can choose from here on the farm.. peace

S

snake383

all i have is a 2x8x6 closet and a 400 hps. what i did was made a wall out of 2 20 inch box fans and some mylar, to shorten the room 4 ft. i have two other fans blowing fresh air to the 2 20 inch fans. also it is pretty noisy and nothing fancy. sorry i cant be anymore help.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Your best bet is to wait and grow once ya live alone and are you living in your parents house still ?

A

Attis

If you want to get some good info on strains and yields pick up ed rosenthals big book of buds books they give you the stats and a great report of each strain. One in particular that he says is a great yielder for beginners and an even better yielder for experts is American Dream. I can't think of the breeder off hand, but I am sure you can find out easily. As for getting 2lbs off of 400W if you make it happen then post how you did it.:rasta:

M

moyerjoey

not my house I got a basement if be able to use at my moms im with my girl and her parents cus she pregnant right now

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

IMO. This sounds like a bad time for you to set up a grow.

M

moyerjoey

I understand that I just wanted to see if there was a good grow box on the market within a decent price range for me to start with when I do get out of there house as of now you know I have only few bills I pay rather then rent and everything else to where I won't be able to save for the grow this way here id already have what I needed you know so I mean any input would be useful even if it was steering me away from the box my intentions are not to start the grow immediately

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

If I were you, get a 3x3 Homebox/Secret Jardin with a 600w or a 4x4 with a 1000w, An in-line fan, a sm desk fan, some pro-mix, grow bags and whatever you prefer for ferts. I'd recommend GH Flora Series. Stick around here for a while ask questions, learn, collect what you'll need for your grow after you move and go from there. Good luck with your grow and your new family.

M

moyerjoey

ok I found out what those two boxes are now would one of them handle a 1000 watt hps and about how much would I yield with that much light also what's the smallest space if be able to put that in

Latest posts

Top Bottom