HELP PLEEZ!!!!Cloning A Certain Plant

• Thread starter gogetta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gogetta

Hey wassup ppl..I have a question about cloning. Ive learned that a lot of plants (purple strains) dont start to purple until the middle/end of the flowering period..So if i find out this late that a certain plant purples really well, HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO CLONE IT AND KEEP IT AS A MOTHER? WON'T IT BE TOO LATE TO CLONE IT?ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED...THX AHEAD...GoG

O

ojd

well theres 2 options you have

first take a clone even when its in flowering even up to 6 weeks in and later
they root fine

or

try and reveg your plant by when you harvest leave all the lower buds and leaves on or botom 1/3 of plant
the chuck into 24hours veg and in 2 4 weeks you should have new shoots growing out
then take a cut of that and there you go a mother of your lost variety

iv had reveg a couple if plants before and they went fine
can take a while for the first shoot but once you got that you know its worked

what strain is it your trying to save

peace

G

gogetta

thanx alot guys..hey hash if i have space maybe ill try that, but 4 now i may go with jus waitin til late in flowering to take cuttings...i dunno..thanx alot for the tips ojd...im actually wantin to try magic merlin from Outlaw Genetics...but im overall interested in kushes and purple strains...any suggestions?

L

livinglegend

Hashtro is 100% right. Dont wait intill its in flower, take the cuts now and label them. You can do it the other way, but its much smoother sailing if you take the cuts now. trust.

about purple,
sometimes a plant will be purple from the start. it turns purple from the inside out. Other purps are the oppisite and usually has to do with the temps it was grown in, not so much genetics.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

If you haven't already started flowering your plants, your easiest route IMO, if you have the space, is to take a clone or two from every plant, then after you flower out your plants, and it turns purple (assuming one does) you already have clones ready to go for a large purple harvest

Hashtro is 100% right. Dont wait intill its in flower, take the cuts now and label them. You can do it the other way, but its much smoother sailing if you take the cuts now. trust.

about purple,
sometimes a plant will be purple from the start. it turns purple from the inside out. Other purps are the oppisite and usually has to do with the temps it was grown in, not so much genetics.

i agree, taking cuts now is the safest way to ensure the
genes aren't lost. ...i agree with ojd also, but if you're a
noob, revegging can be tricky, and the deeper into flower
you are before you take cuts, the longer it takes too root
them, and your failure rate will increase as well.

keep in mind that tossing useless clones in the compost
bin is way easier than trying to root cuts that have been
in flower for 4 or 5 weeks.

and livinglegend is also right that many strains will display
purple under the right conditions.

O

ojd

i only meant to reveg if you are already into flowering
if your in veg definately take cuts first

but some times things happen and we lose plants so have to reveg sometimes

peace

A

Alekiboy

All the posters have given you great advice...
While taking clones early is ideal... you can take clones any time with the same amount of success.. at least with coco coir ;)

Keep in mind that I grow outdoors year round so I can't control the light!
I had two different phenos of pre98 Bubba from Swerve's recent run of beans.. One pheno went into flowering so fast that I didn't have a chance to clone it... All the other Bubba's I have ever grown took their sweet time (and well worth it ya)...
I took a clone from the lowest, scrappiest branch... you know the ones that are like 1-2 inches with a little popcorn nug.. I took the clone as I was harvesting (this pheno went 4 weeks veg, then 4 weeks flower, done)...

It did take 14 days to show roots instead of the normal 7-12 days for coco clones, but after 4 weeks its 3 ft tall and starting to flower...
I took clones early this time!!!
1st pic is the two phenos @ 5 weeks from seed germ (the left is the normal bubba at 5 weeks , the right is speedy)
2nd pic is the clone I took from the fully flowered at 4 weeks...
3rd pic is bud remnant of the popcorn on the new trunk..

2 phenos
Pheno1
Popcorn nub
G

gogetta

oh ok im gettin it now...clone early, and jus keep tha ones that i want after seein which one(s) i wanna keep after the ones from seed finish flowering...thx alot thc peeps!!! Wow Aleki!! A bubba thats completely finished in 8 weeks!?!? WAT DA HELL? LOL....GoG

M

Mr.Therapy Man

I take three clones per plant, this way I have a copy of all my flowering plants.In case I find a keeper to clone.Not all clones take so I root extra cuttings.I only do this with certain special strains ,Im getting ready to do this with chernoble because it looks like it has four phenos I do this two weeks before flowering, so it does take extra time to take clones and let them recover before flowering

420shaff

Anyone know a good cloning thread for dummies to learn how the cloning process goes down

S

scuba steve

Wish we could all live where you can grow from beans to finish in 3 months!!!!Gotta love Hawaii!!!What up Alekiboy!!!See you in November brother!!!!!

P

paco666

oh ok im gettin it now...clone early, and jus keep tha ones that i want after seein which one(s) i wanna keep after the ones from seed finish flowering.......GoG

or.....just a thought.....you can clone early....keep the donors in veg....flower the clones for sexing and pheno selection....with everything labeled so you know who came from who.....than after a variety crop, your chosen mother will be ready for a mass cloning......

:party0022:
WTF is this guy doing....lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom