Help!! Pollination ???

• Thread starter Tomkins2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

All right guys so I suppose my question here is if a plant that is in veg gets pollinated but I still continue to veg it for say another three months and then flip it into 12 will it go onto then be extremely seedy or what am i expecting. Please help y'all. I f***** up and took on some teens from a buddy that turned out with shity genetics and hermied so I threw all of them away I am just now wondering that if any of my veg plants may have got pollinated and if it will affect them later on down the road. I intend on continuing to veg these plants as they aren't big enough to flip I just don't want to waste time with them if in 4 or 5 months when I flip them they will be junk...?

Seraphine

Seraphine

They can’t get “pollinated” without the female flower parts (pistil, calyx, ovuale). So since they were still in veg, no female flowers developed yet. However pollen can stay viable for a while if the conditions are right. Do you know if they actually released pollen or did they grow male parts and you threw them out before they released pollen?

Vagician

Vagician

If they aren't flowering and showing the female flower's pistils you'll be fine. You need the pollen to land on a pistil to get seeds. Use a spray bottle filled with water to spray off the plant. Try to collect the runoff onto a paper towel so it doesn't dry out somewhere else and allow the pollen to get stirred up in the air again. Residual pollen in the room can still get kicked up and land on the pistils in the future so that should be your main concern.

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

You can make those 2 little hairs at each node preggers if you try... As long as you clean up the pollen you won't get anything new seeded moving forward though. And yep, use wet towel or something to keep the dust/pollen from getting into the air.

I'll probably get roasted for this but I veg pregnant plants pretty regularly. If I get a keeper pheno that I re-veg I will dust any of the still white pistils(usually still some on lowers) with my stored pollen. Then as it regrows and vegs for 6-8weeks it grows seeds for me.
When I'm ready to flip to flower I pull those old growth buds off and get a handful of seeds ready to throw down for a hunt while the re-vegged plant goes to flower.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

They def have pistils. They are plenty old enough. About a foot. I got the Hermie out the second I noticed. The pollen sacs were the size of a seed I suppose. Green and still closed tho. Idk if that makes a difference. First experience with this. I wiped the tent down with Hygrozyme and water. My flower tent just became my veg tent. So that's my worry. I've now got all the females I was vegging in it. 400w MH/HPS good ballast. Irrelevant lol I just didn't wanna spend the next couple months letting these fill out just to find out I pollenated them with all of this, and end up with shit... Guys feel me? Lol

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

You can make those 2 little hairs at each node preggers if you try... As long as you clean up the pollen you won't get anything new seeded moving forward though. And yep, use wet towel or something to keep the dust/pollen from getting into the air.

I'll probably get roasted for this but I veg pregnant plants pretty regularly. If I get a keeper pheno that I re-veg I will dust any of the still white pistils(usually still some on lowers) with my stored pollen. Then as it regrows and vegs for 6-8weeks it grows seeds for me.
When I'm ready to flip to flower I pull those old growth buds off and get a handful of seeds ready to throw down for a hunt while the re-vegged plant goes to flower.
I got it. Thanks. I think I get it now. Even if the pistils I have now got pollenated, all of the future growth will have not been pollinated obviously bc it wasn't there.

Top Bottom