HELP! Possible Borers?

• Thread starter JTKush905
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JTKush905

JTKush905

So I found some odd bulges in my outdoor plants. Not all of them just some small late seeds. Anyone know what this could be?
Help possible borers
Help possible borers 2
Help possible borers 3

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

yes them look like some type of bore worm...get rid of infected parts and pray you got it all....when inside the stock poisons will not work...been there b4...sorry bro

JTKush905

JTKush905

yes them look like some type of bore worm...get rid of infected parts and pray you got it all....when inside the stock poisons will not work...been there b4...sorry bro
I’ve seen stem injections but I’m not dropping that kind of money on a few plants. I found online I can just pinch the bulge and it will kill the larvae or remove branch. But yes if in main stock I’m fracked 😒😩

pinetarbiscuits

pinetarbiscuits

I have had stem borers this year as well, down in Oklahoma. This plant has already lost 6 branches, but I don't think it matters.
Jack

JTKush905

JTKush905

I have had stem borers this year as well, down in Oklahoma. This plant has already lost 6 branches, but I don't think it matters. View attachment 997643
Ah true! Yes I’ve narrowed it down to Gypsy Moth! There larvae are stem borers! On a plant that size def won’t matter unless they get into the main stem then your just screwed

pinetarbiscuits

pinetarbiscuits

Ah true! Yes I’ve narrowed it down to Gypsy Moth! There larvae are stem borers! On a plant that size def won’t matter unless they get into the main stem then your just screwed
I don't think it matters if they get into the main stem on that plant, at least not yet. It may be more likely to break over in the fall, when the buds gain weight. Even if that happens, there will be plenty of healthy plant left.

JTKush905

JTKush905

I don't think it matters if they get into the main stem on that plant, at least not yet. It may be more likely to break over in the fall, when the buds gain weight. Even if that happens, there will be plenty of healthy plant left.

oh good call! Thank you for you input 😀

Latest posts

Top Bottom