HELP!! Powdery mildew at 42 days flower!!!

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Surfr

I am at 42 days flower and I found some PM on all of my plants.. I cut off everything I found that had PM but I know there is stuff i cannot see... It wasn't a crazy amount, but enough to get me worried.. I am stressing very badly here.. I don't know what to do.. Is there anything I can spray this late in flower?? Is it too late to use a sulfur burner?? Any help is much appreciated!

:character0180:

S

Surfr

Really?? Would you suggest using these methods over a sulfur burner? Thanks

E

ent

Yah I think it's too late (assuming you're running 8-10 week strains) to use sulfur or any oils and not taste it in the finished product. I would use a potassium bicarbonate product such as green cure, or potassium bicarbonate powder. Mix it with some dutch masters penetrator. Keep it on hand and spray once today, once again in 3 days and again 3 days later. So 6 days from now you would have sprayed the 3rd time and it should take care of your PM problem until you crop.

You should also address the source of the PM, high humidity, sitting water, PM on vegetation around your grow room, etc.

S

Surfr

Yah I think it's too late (assuming you're running 8-10 week strains) to use sulfur or any oils and not taste it in the finished product. I would use a potassium bicarbonate product such as green cure, or potassium bicarbonate powder. Mix it with some dutch masters penetrator. Keep it on hand and spray once today, once again in 3 days and again 3 days later. So 6 days from now you would have sprayed the 3rd time and it should take care of your PM problem until you crop.

You should also address the source of the PM, high humidity, sitting water, PM on vegetation around your grow room, etc.

Thanks ENT... I am going to check the shops around town to see if they have any greencure.. It's crazy that I am even having this PM.. I have 3 big ass fans in a 4x8 tent so the air movement is good. Humidity is between 30%-45% NEVER above that.. I have proper intake and exhaust out of room... I am simply stumped.. I guess I am going to need to do a whole room strip down and cleaning.. Fun shit.

T

tcurtiss

SM90 also removes PM, make sure you have good air flow

That is what caused PM for me, I turned down the exhaust and forget to turn it back up, after a day all plants had PM

Gave the plants some SM90 and the exhaust is on full speed now

Good luck

T

tcurtiss

How many CFM's are you pulling out of your room?

I am using a 165 cfm for a 12 cubic foot cabinet with carbon filter attached

Maybe you need to pull more air from the tent?

S

Surfr

How many CFM's are you pulling out of your room?

I am using a 165 cfm for a 12 cubic foot cabinet with carbon filter attached

Maybe you need to pull more air from the tent?

I have got a Carbon Filter rated for 950 cfm with a 800cfm fan pulling through it...

Rushoe

Rushoe

Get some shit called green cure works wonders spay up to harvest day....Don't hurt the plants at all just wake sure lights are off....20 bucks online it's a life saver.Good luck

K

Kennie_B

If the temperature in your tent fluctuates more than about 15 degrees from night to day this could be the cause of your PM. Just a suggestion.

F

fat

get you a ultra voliet light build a box on your in coming air mount the light in the box so your air blows through the box past the light and kills all the shit in the air i put them in all my air handlers they are the shit and havnt had any problems with pm again. rockwool cubes are a big problem they dont dry out fast enough and get all moldy

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

You can also try UV-C light to kill it off, but the potassium bicarbonate is the best stuff to use that late in the game. Good airflow keeps PM at bay. Make sure you've got a good oscelating fan that gets the branches swaying. It's the airflow between the plants and at the bottom growth that needs to be addressed to keep PM at bay as well as the overall CFM movement. Eagle 20ew will kill the PM systemically in your veg plants. this is the only product I have found to battle and kill PM at a systemic level.

S

Surfr

Well I have searched high and low for some Greencure today with no luck... I will have to order some online.. I picked up some serenade to hold me off till the greencure gets here.. UGHHHH this is such a pain in the ass.. To top it all off, i completely forgot that I am leaving on vacation for 6 days at the end of the month.. I am wondering if I should chop all the plants before I leave(I DO NOT WANT TO)... I am afraid that the plants being unattended for 6 days could wreak havoc. 6 days seems like plenty time for PM to take over and destroy everything.. or am I just being to paranoid?? I really don't know what to do.. The plants will be at 55 days flower if I chop em before I leave, which is OK, but not ideal.. What would you guys do?? Thanks!

J

Jalisco Kid

I take it you have not opened that bottle of serenade yet. I would try some dm Zone and penetrator on the plants. Do a search here on it. I would use 35% peroxide with a small airbrush, but who has one of those laying around. JK
You should always have a first aid kit for your girls cuz shit usually happens when all the stores are closed.

M

mrdizzle

I discoverd my girls had some bad PM around week 6, my retarded ass has never had it before so I wasnt preped. I sprayed with serenade, bi-carb, 35% perxoide with a ryobi paint sprayer, and I honestly wish I would have just burnt sulfur,depending on how bad it is dude you might want to just burn sulfur. It may take some cure to get the sulfur smell gone ( I know good friends who claim they burn real late without problems) but if its gets out of control you will be worse off with powder donut buds . I have 24cans of duster infront of me and I have just spent 8hrs cleaning a 1/2lbs watching judge judy. not to mention the shit buttfucks your yeilds.

Good luck bro I would trade PM for all the mites in the world

S

Surfr

I discoverd my girls had some bad PM around week 6, my retarded ass has never had it before so I wasnt preped. I sprayed with serenade, bi-carb, 35% perxoide with a ryobi paint sprayer, and I honestly wish I would have just burnt sulfur,depending on how bad it is dude you might want to just burn sulfur. It may take some cure to get the sulfur smell gone ( I know good friends who claim they burn real late without problems) but if its gets out of control you will be worse off with powder donut buds . I have 24cans of duster infront of me and I have just spent 8hrs cleaning a 1/2lbs watching judge judy. not to mention the shit buttfucks your yeilds.

Good luck bro I would trade PM for all the mites in the world

I am tempted to just burn some sulfur... The shop near me rents sulfur burners for a decent price..

What do you guys think about chopping the ladies at 55 days before I leave for vacation?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

There's a reason why it's comming back so fast (low airflow somewhere, high RH) so fix that problem first and foremost. Potassium bicarbonate should knock it back for longer than 3 days if you have enough airflow. Most grow stores don't carry potassium bicarbonate and I don't know why, it's very cheap and very available. serenade and sulfur make your buds taste like ass.

Chopping early sucks. An h202 mix will literally eat the mildew off of your buds if they are powdery when you get home. Spray PB, then hope PM doesn't come back real hard. If it does, spray some h202 to get rid of it and then harvest.

S

Surfr

The local shop just starting carrying Greencure so I picked some up today... I am going to give the ladies a very thorough spraying before lights out. Do you guys think I should spray a few days before chop to help fight off anything that might and try to attack while drying??

Chopping early sucks. An h202 mix will literally eat the mildew off of your buds if they are powdery when you get home. Spray PB, then hope PM doesn't come back real hard. If it does, spray some h202 to get rid of it and then harvest.

Thanks for the advice! Excuse my ignorance, but H2O2 is just Hydrogen peroxide, correct? What are mixture ratios for that? It does not harm the trichomes or buds at all?? Thanks!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Hey farmers,

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but I really didn’t feel like starting a new one for a similar problem. My plant started flowering a bit early and due to the weather in Ontario (cycle of hot dry days followed by hot and high humidity and then downpours rain) I’ve been getting WPM on this plant. The plant is outdoors planted in the ground so moving it and controlling humidity isn’t an option.

I have neem oil which I’ve been using about every 7-10 days as a preventative but stopped when I started seeing white hairs. My question is, given by the picture am I still early on enough to spray with neem oil or will that still have an effect on taste? I don’t want to ruin the bud with neem but I also don’t want to ruin the bud with WPM. The picture is from two days ago

C46E127B BB2F 4ED4 A69A 207711EFF07F

Also as a side question, Is it normal to already see white hair tips turning brown?

** as an edit: seen that the picture quality dropped when posting the pic and you can’t actually see the browning of the hairs. It’s literally just the tips of the hairs going brown **

Thanks homies

Top Bottom