Help! Powerbox 12000 Light Controller Wont Turn On The Lights Today!!!!

• Thread starter miko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
miko

miko

Anyone have any ideas , please share.

Have this great box and it wont turn on the lights.

Worked great for a year and was pretty expensive. I am sure it is under warranty, but worried about plants having no light for 4 days...

Few things:

It's getting power.
The green lights on the controller are all working.
Its CLICKING, meaning its trying to tell it to power them ON.
Manual Mode doesn't work either, telling me something inside broke.

All that is new recently is a ceramic 315 Watt light added, but been working fine a few weeks.. so unrelated I think.

Anyone have any ideas?
Or just get the replacement asap and swap it out?

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

Check the breaker and make sure both lugs are tight.. I had a similar issue where over time one of the hot wires had come loose in the panel. And I was only getting 120 not 220. Or use a voltage meter to check at power box .

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

Is there still power to the timer? Are there 120 plugs on the box as well? And are they working?

miko

miko

Of course.. now I wonder when the breaker burnt... yikes..!

miko

miko

burnt as in melted? or just loose/no more good?

did you replace it or just adjust it?

Melted... :(

I replaced but am not sure why it melted.... The wire is 8 gauge, the power box is 50 AMP and so is the breaker...
I am only running 30 AMPS worth of lights.... or so.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Melted... :(

I replaced but am not sure why it melted.... The wire is 8 gauge, the power box is 50 AMP and so is the breaker...
I am only running 30 AMPS worth of lights.... or so.

weird, sounds like faulty breaker...do you have separate breakers for each plug? or just one main breaker? 50 amp breaker should handle 40amps continuous load .... more than that could lead to it eventually melting from heat...sounds like there was some resistance in the breaker for it to melt down, lucky no fire man

i just had mine custom built @ dxhydro, love having it custom, have a separate breaker for each outlet, plus dual voltage/amp meters on each main feed wire...should be comming in the main any day now...i made sure it was over built, that guy kept talking about how powerbox is cheaply built, so i made sure he overbuilt my unit

B

Bangarang

I hate to say it but PowerBox produces some sketchy gear. I replaced my 6 year old CAP 8 light controller with a new Power box to only have the powerbox not even make it a whole year. I have to give them credit on building the boxes out of metal because if that wire would have burnt in plastic it would have been the end of me. Yet why did my wire arc and burn up the whole inside of my Powerbox?

burn4me

burn4me

740702.jpg

Just in case! I have one mounted right on top of my box

miko

miko

weird, sounds like faulty breaker...do you have separate breakers for each plug? or just one main breaker? 50 amp breaker should handle 40amps continuous load .... more than that could lead to it eventually melting from heat...sounds like there was some resistance in the breaker for it to melt down, lucky no fire man

i just had mine custom built @ dxhydro, love having it custom, have a separate breaker for each outlet, plus dual voltage/amp meters on each main feed wire...should be comming in the main any day now...i made sure it was over built, that guy kept talking about how powerbox is cheaply built, so i made sure he overbuilt my unit
only using about 30 amps... and the power box and breaker - both 50...
Maybe just a lose wire..

miko

miko

Just so we aint throwing power box under the bus here..

It wasn't the issue. Its a solid beast of a box and been running great for 2 years.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

The breaker panel was the problem.

Peace~

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I have 5 different powerboxes.. Everyone of them still works.. All are still in use. I have a 6 light..8 yrs old.. 8 light... 2yrs old...10 light 5 years old.., 12 light... 5 years old and their new 24 light. Never had any problems other than a battery going out on the built in timer.. All other problems have ended up being due to a breaker gone bad or a lug coming loose after a few years of use from heat.

B

Bangarang

I have 5 different powerboxes.. Everyone of them still works.. All are still in use. I have a 6 light..8 yrs old.. 8 light... 2yrs old...10 light 5 years old.., 12 light... 5 years old and their new 24 light. Never had any problems other than a battery going out on the built in timer.. All other problems have ended up being due to a breaker gone bad or a lug coming loose after a few years of use from heat.
Do you check your lugs inside your Powerbox? One of mine came loose and arched and burnt/melted everything inside.

G gnome

G gnome

Im gonna venture to say one of ur hot legs arched out and melted.
Try to run something else thats 2 phase

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i have been using powerbox for about 5 years myself. they will build them anyway requested pretty much. 2 hots and a nuetral as i requested even though it is not code. but the regular ones are up to snuff and have worked great for us, all 4 in differnt spots.

Top Bottom