Help Reading Ec Pen

• Thread starter Dillan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dillan

Dillan

hello my friend I have a ec pen and it's giving me a reading of 173 can somebody let me no what im doing with it plz

Help reading ec pen
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

An ec pen (translating ec into ppm) is used to measure the salts in your fertilized or un-fertilized water.

I use mine to balance the feeds for my ladies.

Too much salt is bad for your plant for a few reasons i wont go into, so make sure your ppms or e.c. doesnt get too high, especially when feeding younger or smaller plants.

This doesnt really measure organic nutes as well because they cant really be measured in salts. However. Chemical nutrients require an e.c. meter or pen to measure and keep from nutrient burning your plants. Finding out what works and whats too much is important. So keep it simple and pay attn. to what your doing.

My two cents, hope i helped. Good luck

Dillan

Dillan

An ec pen (translating ec into ppm) is used to measure the salts in your fertilized or un-fertilized water.

I use mine to balance the feeds for my ladies.

Too much salt is bad for your plant for a few reasons i wont go into, so make sure your ppms or e.c. doesnt get too high, especially when feeding younger or smaller plants.

This doesnt really measure organic nutes as well because they cant really be measured in salts. However. Chemical nutrients require an e.c. meter or pen to measure and keep from nutrient burning your plants. Finding out what works and whats too much is important. So keep it simple and pay attn. to what your doing.

My two cents, hope i helped. Good luck
Thank you my friend is it possible it's to high now I don't understand how to read it mate

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
hello my friend I have a ec pen and it's giving me a reading of 173 can somebody let me no what im doing with it plz
You're measuring electrically conductive salts. In this scenario, it's supposed to be fertilizers, but based on that reading I'm going to assume you're just measuring your tap water or something like that. A measurement of 173mS doesn't seem all that high to me, I'd work with that water directly.

Dillan

Dillan

You're measuring electrically conductive salts. In this scenario, it's supposed to be fertilizers, but based on that reading I'm going to assume you're just measuring your tap water or something like that. A measurement of 173mS doesn't seem all that high to me, I'd work with that water directly.
I think this is my problem mate ive got some plant magic root stimulator so im going to use that see if they pick up

Dillan

Dillan

I think this is my problem mate ive got some plant magic root stimulator so im going to use that see if they pick up View attachment 533145
Number 5 I think this is my problem I gave them some flower burst buuddastree and I think that was my problem it's sent the ph right down when ive tested it in my water what do you think that can be the cause

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
? You do realize your subsequent posts are making zero sense to the rest of us, right?

Dillan

Dillan

? You do realize your subsequent posts are making zero sense to the rest of us, right?
No mate im new to this so forum so I don't really no what im doing I have a iPhone and it spells out words wrong I was ment to say number 5 is my problem I think mate

Dillan

Dillan

With my plants mate I put a picture up with what could be the problem with my plants it's just some thing what I got off a different forum (phosphorus)
With my plants mate I put a picture up with what could be the problem with my plants it's just some thing what I got off a different forum (phosphorus)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't get the photo to embiggen for me, but it does look hungry based on what I can see.

Dillan

Dillan

I can't get the photo to embiggen for me, but it does look hungry based on what I can see.
My stems have gone hard and soo woody feels like they will snap if I bend them can this be todo with lack of feed

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My stems have gone hard and soo woody feels like they will snap if I bend them can this be todo with lack of feed
I'm not sure, that sounds like a Si+ to me. Are you feeding them at all? What are your parameters, etc? They look cold and hungry to me.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

As Shroomking told you on your other thread.....Over watering won't help. It's one of the commonist noob mistakes. I know.....cause iv done it too. Took me a few waterings to figure out what is too much. Good luck with your grow. Keep us posted if u can. Much love.

Dillan

Dillan

As Shroomking told you on your other thread.....Over watering won't help. It's one of the commonist noob mistakes. I know.....cause iv done it too. Took me a few waterings to figure out what is too much. Good luck with your grow. Keep us posted if u can. Much love.
They have kicked back now mate im going to post a few pics in the next few days when they are looking healthier they look a lot healthier now

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Ah I'm glad to hear that. I know what a nightmare it can be. I look forward to the pics. :)

Top Bottom