Help !Removing Sulfur from concentrates using copper

• Thread starter Stonemason7767
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stonemason7767

Long story short we have some bho that must of came from a grow that had a Sulfur burner or had Sulfur sprayed on it late in flowet.looks amazing taste like a burnt match. Has anyone tried removing Sulfur from concentrates using copper?

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
locally there was some of that stuff going around - tasted to what i figured mustard gas did.

ended up just using it in edibles and the smell/flavor went completely away

S

Stonemason7767

locally there was some of that stuff going around - tasted to what i figured mustard gas did.

ended up just using it in edibles and the smell/flavor went completely away
Yeah we used some of it in edibles.there is just to much of it to go that route completely,and it is a very pretty concentrate hate making edibles with it.thanks though.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You can foliar feed micronized sulfur to cannabis to attempt to make more terps. It’s a bit hacky and can damage bud so not really something that is done widespread.

Do you actually know the issue is sulfur?

Personally I’d run it thru a short path distiller to clean it up.

Can you post a pic? How viscous is it?

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
im going to follow this since the sulfur tasting shit is so cheap here around 10$/g LOL personally i don't like edibles whatsoever

you can damn be sure the next thing is gonna be to open a tab and search short path distiller haha

S

Stonemason7767

You can foliar feed micronized sulfur to cannabis to attempt to make more terps. It’s a bit hacky and can damage bud so not really something that is done widespread.

It's a shatter.pretty sure the problem is sulfer .sulfur has a pretty unique taste.dissolved 30 grams of it in everclear last night and threw in some copper. The copper turned black almost instantly from sulfur collection. Will remove it this afternoon and add more copper until it dosnt turn black.

20230218 070507
S

Stonemason7767

From what I've read short path won't remove it.it must be removed before distalation .

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

From what I've read short path won't remove it.it must be removed before distalation .
I can be done because the evap temp of THC is very different from sulfur (higher) and comes out in the tails.

Moot point if you don't have a SPD rig.

I've not done what you are doing, good luck hope it works like you want it to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom