Help - RH Up There.

• Thread starter Reefer Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reefer Franklin

I just chopped down the grow and am hanging it in a 6' x 8' closet. The temperature is fine at 65 degrees, but the RH is the same - 65%. I may be risking mold with that much moisture in the air.

What are some easy solutions short of running out and getting a de-humidifier ?
I am happy to do that but wanted any other suggestions.

Thanks,

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

A Deafening Silence.

OK, no takers. Has anyone used large quantities of silica gel to bring down humidity in a large closet ?

Thanks,

The Reef

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
them humidity things will help a little. i think proper air movement will help more. as long as the buds aren't touching you should be OK though. and as they dry a little the humidity should come down.

R

Reefer Franklin

Hi xX Kid Twist Xx,

I put 1 lb of silica gel in a cloth bag and on the top shelf. Temps are still 65 degrees and RH is 65% with a fan pointing at the floor. As you say, as the plants start to cue the RH will come down. As long as I avoid mold this should be the perfect slow cure and dry.

The Reef

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

dehumidifier is cheap ... why do you want to cut corners? i would recommend keeping your RH between 40-50 for the drying process and it is easily achieved with the use of a dehumidifier for about 100-150 you can get a small one for that space. Low temps and high RH are a recipe for mildew my friend

R

Reefer Franklin

dehumidifier is cheap ... why do you want to cut corners? i would recommend keeping your RH between 40-50 for the drying process and it is easily achieved with the use of a dehumidifier for about 100-150 you can get a small one for that space. Low temps and high RH are a recipe for mildew my friend

The problem is that I am drying in three different locations and the least expensive dehumidifier I can find locally is $250. I can't spare $750.
But......I did find my outdoor grow logs. And in 2009 in October the temperature in the basement was typically 62 degrees with an RH of 68.
With a fan on low it took most of the bud three weeks to dry enough for trimming. Three weeks more in jars and that was some of the smoothest smoking meds I had tasted.

I'll keep an eye on everything Mr. GoodCat, but as long as I keep the air moving I think I'll be OK.

The Reef

J

Jalisco Kid

I run at 65% rh and never have pm in my rooms that I design. Air flow and a good immune system is all you need. DE hueys are good to control rh during lights out when the plants dump their vapor overloads. JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is for a harvested crop, JK.

Franklin, I've used those dehuey chemical things (the granules), and they're a pain in the ass. At the very least, get air movement going.

R

Reefer Franklin

Hi Seamaiden.

I think I've got it. The rooms I'm curing/drying in are all adjacent to the grow room which is now pushing out 4 x 1000W all day and night.

I cracked each door slightly and although they are all getting a little bit of light temp and RH are all about 65/60 respectively.

I pulled a few branches at random today after five days in there. Outer fan leaves are crispy but the buds are squishy and smell magnificent. I trimmed off the outer leaves and gave these guys a quick bikini trim. I think after a few more days in there with a slow dry they will start picking up color. Then under the house in brown paper bags in big plastic totes.

Any other suggestions ?

The Reef

Imported Photos 00778
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I Agree

You need a fan or a couple of fans

mal

J

Jalisco Kid

Sorry for not reading all the thread, I was in in a public place and just popped in to check on a friend. JK

Top Bottom