Help Room To Hot

• Thread starter 90Dank209
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

90Dank209

Help i have a problem my room to hot i have 2 1000watt phantom de also 2 mars hydro 1200 series one charcoal filter with 8' vortex inline fan blowing air out also a portable 10,000 btu a/c and a window a/c 5000 btu with a dehumidifier and 4 wall fans also one 6' inline fan pushing cool air to the room growing in soil

Help room to hot
G gnome

G gnome

Whats the sense of having air conditioning if ur gonna constantly be exchanging the air?

If hes somewhere real warm....its not gonna do much good if ur pumpin in 90+deg "fresh" air from outside.

90Dank209

Temps were reaching 88 to 89 this past few days humidity 49 its cooler now since its not that hot outside 75 temp humidity 50 so in the summer what should i do

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You can run all the AC you want. But if you arent getting all the hot air out of the room and replacing it with cooler air from outside the room then you are just chasing your tail. A lot of peeps undervalue the importance of adequate air exchange.

What are the room dimensions/total cubic ft of volume? Once we know that we can work on getting your ventilation issue in check. Also need to know the CFM ratings on both your 8 & 6" fans.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I am going to move this thread from the introduction forum to the grow room design forum. You can pick it up from there.

90Dank209

Room is 10 × 15
vortex inline air out cfm is 700 hydrofarm inline air in is 400

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
poster above knows his air flow. He made some good points. I will add that it is imperative to efficient ventilation that your exhaust intake is at the top of the room as we all know hot air rises and collects at the ceiling level.

Those DE fixtures are hotter than hades and the sooner you can exhaust this initial output of heat from the DE's is going to help a lot. Sometimes by 2-8 deg F

You gave me the square footage measurements with length times width. This gives SF floor area but not cubic ft. I also need nominal ceiling height to factor total cubic feet of volume so we can size you ventilation system. What is your ceiling height from guessing from your pic I would say 8-9 ft???

G gnome

G gnome

Whats the sense of having air conditioning if ur gonna constantly be exchanging the air?

If hes somewhere real warm....its not gonna do much good if ur pumpin in 90+deg "fresh" air from outside.
^^^

Top Bottom