Help,seedling Stalks Are Stretching

• Thread starter Bigeasyboss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Hello everyone, I put 1 seed in about 5 days ago,and 4 other seeds ,4 days ago so there was only about a day difference ,however my light is on 250w hps with a fan,and the 4 that I put on the day after has catches up with the first one,but the leaves hasn't got big,so the first one has small starter leaves but the others has tiny starter leaves with massive stalks ,?any help why this is? Is it stretching? Cheers everyone for info

william76

william76

They stretch when to far from the light,if u don't correct it they'll topple over and die when stretched too much,id put the light closer and put another inch or two of soil around the stem in the pot,good luck!76

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Cheers mate,will do it now,
They stretch when to far from the light,if u don't correct it they'll topple over and die when stretched too much,id put the light closer and put another inch or two of soil around the stem in the pot,good luck!76
mate

kingkam1988

kingkam1988

i ususally let them stretch snd get a about 4 or 5 secondary then i top it and it focus on the sides

kingkam1988

kingkam1988

you should of started in a smaller bucket to your gonna have a long stock

str8smokn

str8smokn

i ususally let them stretch snd get a about 4 or 5 secondary then i top it and it focus on the sides

These are autos I think? @Bigeasyboss
No topping if they are,and right pot size if they are.
I would just get three CFLs and put over the top of them,or T5s what ever you can get.
STR8

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

I'm using 2x. 400w HPS lights ,will they be ok?
These are autos I think? @Bigeasyboss
No topping if they are,and right pot size if they are.
I would just get three CFLs and put over the top of them,or T5s what ever you can get.
STR8
g

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

What str8 was saying is that young seedlings like the blue light more, a regular cfl light bulb at 6500k will be more friendly than your big grow lights to your young sprouts. You can get a cfl within a few inches of your plants or just keep the hps far away.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

What str8 was saying is that young seedlings like the blue light more, a regular cfl light bulb at 6500k will be more friendly than your big grow lights to your young sprouts. You can get a cfl within a few inches of your plants or just keep the hps far away.
Ok cheers mate,I had the hps about 30cm from the seedling :Z

william76

william76

That maybe to close,put ur hand above the. Plants,if it feels hot ur to close,and if there still small u could use just one of the 400wts,then add the other I a week or 2 when they take off,76

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Yeh they're in week 3 just starting and the seedling are about 4 dad old ,also don't ask how they got there but I dropped 5 expensive seeds into a massive bag of about 6000 carp seeds for fishing ,is there anyhow that I could get the cannabis ones back out,by germination or anything,I've tryed putting a load of them into a pot with soil and then watered it but they could be anywhere in the pot,even at the bottom and the rest in left in a bucket of water ? Just need to know if there's a way to get them back
That maybe to close,put ur hand above the. Plants,if it feels hot ur to close,and if there still small u could use just one of the 400wts,then add the other I a week or 2 when they take off,76[/QUO

M

motz

Hello everyone, I put 1 seed in about 5 days ago,and 4 other seeds ,4 days ago so there was only about a day difference ,however my light is on 250w hps with a fan,and the 4 that I put on the day after has catches up with the first one,but the leaves hasn't got big,so the first one has small starter leaves but the others has tiny starter leaves with massive stalks ,?any help why this is? Is it stretching? Cheers everyone for info
Also feel your containers are to big to start with, like start with keg cups the graduate to bigger pots every 2 weeks.
They'll explode for you

str8smokn

str8smokn

Also feel your containers are to big to start with, like start with keg cups the graduate to bigger pots every 2 weeks.
They'll explode for you

If they are Autos ,they stress out from transplants. You need to start in pots that they finish in.
Are these AUTOs? That will help a lot if we knew.
STR8

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Yes I got a little desk fa and a massive fan cuz I struggle to keep the room under 27 degrees with 2 400w HPS lights
If they are Autos ,they stress out from transplants. You need to start in pots that they finish in.
Are these AUTOs? That will help a lot if we knew.
STR8

Top Bottom