Help sexing

• Thread starter Wig18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thehighguy

thehighguy

its not mature yet, google female cannabis preflower vs male, their are lots of picture of what you should see when the plant is preflowering. the main give away is the pistol, the white hair that sticks out of the female flower. another give away is male flowers have tiny stems and then pods where as most female flowers are right on the node itself... this inst always true, if im unsure i gently squeeze the pod open and look for a pistol.

Wig18

Wig18

I know what to look for I just didn’t know exactly what the hair like thing coming from the node was. You can clearly see the stipules and to the left on the node there is a wispy looking hair. Wanted to find out if anyone knew what it was. Thank you tho.

thehighguy

thehighguy

I know what to look for I just didn’t know exactly what the hair like thing coming from the node was. You can clearly see the stipules and to the left on the node there is a wispy looking hair. Wanted to find out if anyone knew what it was. Thank you tho.
I think those are just smaller stipules but I might be wrong. I don't see any calyx formation so I doubt their pistils

thehighguy

thehighguy

Why is that?
you could gently squeeze it and inspect it for a pistil. thats what i do when im unsure... i had a plant this year (auto of course :/) that had its female preflowers raised off of the nodes and they looked exactly like your preflower, i just gently squeezed it and a pistil popped out. just be careful not to get pollen in your grow area if you do decide to try this.

Wig18

Wig18

They are super super tiny. These are with a magnifier lol so I’ll just wait but thank you so much 😊

Wig18

Wig18

We are really hoping so this is our first one! Just waiting to see them get bigger and shoot some pistols.

Top Bottom