Help! Somebody Anybody What Is This?!

• Thread starter Pimp T
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pimp T

Pimp T

Im having this leaf problem its looks like something eating the leaves. No mites No spots no loss of vigor no yellowing nothing but this. They are dark green and praying is just this problems here im auapecting root aphids but im not sure. Have you seen this before?
Help somebody anybody what is this

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have never seen anything like that before. Have you done any Googling, and if so, using what kinds of search terms?

Pimp T

Pimp T

Broad mites russet mites root aphid spider mite crickets uv damage. None of the above no spots no deficiencies no yellowing no loss of vigor period super healthy and green my best guess is root aphids. Otherwise im stomped. @Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've only had the RAs twice, the symptoms were nothing like this. How would you describe the damage? Pinched leaves? margins eroded..? or would you say the margins grew out this way? And you said otherwise they look healthy, right?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok... I did think about this. I've seen this tight leaf margin thing on my lettuces when the Ca levels were too low. There is nothing else about what I can see pictured above that would cause me to think Ca-. But... there it is. I'm Googling using this term "leaf margins malformed" and "cannabis sativa leaf margins malformed." I'm getting hits on things like cold, chemical exposure, and diseases. Not so much deficiencies.

Pimp T

Pimp T

More like even erosion of edges not so much jagged more even and smooth like they melt away. Other than this problem healthy healthy healthy no spots yellowing tip burn period. @Seamaiden

Pimp T

Pimp T

Only thing is I have a good amount of fliers that resembles a fungus gnat. But I kno its not chemical or cold or nutrient related because Im seeing it on a new clone in different soil thats only been in the room for about a week. @Seamaiden

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Broad mites bro....... How did you check for mites? Broad mites are microscopic, and you need a 75x plus scope. They are smaller than the individual pixels on your cell phone. If you are COMPLETELY SURE it's not broad mites, you might start looking into mosaic virus.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I also agree, it could be Ca deficient. However, I would scope hard.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

If you could, take a picture of the entire plant. If your pistles start turning burnt red, then I would really scope for mites.

Pimp T

Pimp T

Checked for mites. Been sprayin with neem and dr bronners since they were in veg twice a week. Took it a step further and hit them with avid. After that followed up with forbid. No burnt pistils. The scope showed no mites period. No leaf problems besides this. Im 95% sure its not nutrient related happening in 2 different soils. @Bulldog11 only guess I hate is aphids.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
User403632 pic1056789 1366510244
Only relatable image I could find. And it was undiagnosed , but he had issues with fungus gnats.

Did you drench your soil with neem oil?

Pimp T

Pimp T

Thats exactly what the fuck is goin on right there. Where did u find that? @ShroomKing no I didnt use neem. I drenched with some bayer shit took out a bunch of fliers yesterday.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thats exactly what the fuck is goin on right there. Where did u find that? @ShroomKing no I didnt use neem. I drenched with some bayer shit took out a bunch of fliers yesterday.
It came from icmag. But it was a short unanswered thread.
The damage to me is indicative of a root issue.
I was leaning towards root suffocation due to neem oil.
The guy in the thread had done a neem drench, fighting fungus gnats, then got the damage. You did a Bayer drench. Any type of oils in the bayer?

Pimp T

Pimp T

Damn. Yeah I was definetely thinkin something with roots. Nothing else it could really be no mites of nutrient problems. No the bayer drench imidacloprid and some other contact killer killer not oil tho. This bayer drench was yesterday after the damage not before.

Pimp T

Pimp T

Scope was 10x-100x adjustable trich scope. All thru veg they were sprayed with mighty wash and rinsed once a week. Then they had dr bronners neem and silica sprays every 3 days. After I saw the initial problem happening I sprayed them with avid. 3 days later sprayed them with neem and dr bronners. 2 days after sprayed them with forbid 4f. I never saw any mites but sprayed anyway. @Bulldog11

Pimp T

Pimp T

I would think mites if they wasnt so healthy absolutely no leaf puncture damage just this smooth edge erosion shit. No webs or any other signs of any kind of damage

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

broad mites don't have webs, or leaf puncture marks. Only mosic virus looking damage and smooth leafs.

Maybe it's old damage from before your sprays?

Top Bottom