help! spidermites 10weeks into flower

• Thread starter rute
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rute

i'vr read the grow reports and faq's and nohing specific on what to do for spider mites, 10 weeks into flower. help! thx in advance

T

Tolpan

That sucks!

I'm not sure, but I think it's definitly too late for any chemical stuff! I don't know if some other mites, that kill the spidermites, or any other kind of flies that kill them will help in that late stadium!?
Perhaps some completely dipping in water.

I heard of some stuff, that is mostly used for pets, but can also used for people, to get away, ah damn I don't know the english word, little fuckers that are on your head and every where on the boudy, if you don't wash yourself! Hope you know what I mean!?

I heard that can help, but it's late.

All the best, hope anybody else can give you better help!

Good luck!

Tolpan

G

grizz

huge ppm's of co2 will kill them . over 2000 ppm for 5 to 10 minutes, do it every day for 7 days then once a week for 3 weeks, me carefull it will kill you to if you stay in flower room

G

ganjatarian

I wouldn't use neem this late in the game....it will tast like Neem. I would move them outside and spray them down with cold water up under the leaves. There are several types of mites and the indoor ones usually don't like it outdoors. If temps are low enough in evening they may take off or slow down in a day or so. If you have a huge grow in an urban area and cant get them outside, I think azatrol its organic and non toxic to honey beez. Idd harvest early if you can. Also, Idd start using Avid or Floromite in your veg room... assuming you have clones or plants ready for next planting. Idd also take a shower after you work in your grow room; you will easily spread these to others growrooms when you visit. Good Luck those fuggers realy hang on. G

Greyskull

Greyskull

it won't taste like neem.
all of the neem residue will be absorbed by the leaves & buds.

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY APPLIED NEEM (dynagro neem oil) TO FIGHT/CONTROL SPIDER MITES UP TO WEEK 7 WITH NO ILL EFFECTS. I have a particularly finnicky group of connisuer patients.... if they had any bad experiences with the buds I provided I would hear about it, as I check on my patients regularlly making sure everything is "cool and the gang".

if you are concerned about residual residue remaining, the last week spray the plants down once or twice with plain water (30min before lights come on... you won't get mold if you spray before the lights come on).

after this crop is done IMO you should drop a couple of total release pyretheum foggers, and obtain an oz of floramite sc & spray your vegging plants good and drenched.

unless of course you have the ability to gas the litle bastards...

B

BlowCrack

I thought they die or leave once you harvest. ( they dont feed on dying or dead plants) I had mite all the way until harvest....they were nowhere to be seen after buds were drying....Harvest actually turned out better than i thought

The Joker

The Joker

That late into flower you can try a solution of alcohol diluted with water 3 parts water, one part alcohol. I tried it and it worked for the last week of flower when they showed up.

D

Dr Herbal

If you got a good airflow raise the humidity to over 50% is will prity much stop them breeding so should be cool till harvest
I would advise you to get some natural preditors(sprays work but most are contact killers)if there in your flower room then there could be a prob in ya veg room if ya have one :)
ether way predetors are great and theyll be ya best bet you dont get them mites on ya next grow :)
peace

G

greenthumb

id suggest ladybirds uk"ladybugs us"what ever you call them they are very effective they prefer greenfly but they will eat the lot.
should be ok until you harvest.
after harvest spray with a mild bleach solution 1 cap-5litre of water and spay the shit out of your grow space when dry clean with fresh water again and you should be ok on your next grow.

C

cali2

Im dealing with the same issue rite now. I got really lazy this go round, and over extended myself with other projects. I read on one of these threads (might be this one lol) that you can suck um off with a shop vac. Shit works! I have a little one I use. These little bastards have gone wild on my girls. Im harvesting now, just suck those Fr's off trim and hang. Some are left but they tend to abondon the bud and congregate at the highest point witch if their hangin is the stem. Then u can suckum of the stem. Should have never let this happen but u gotta do what u gotta do.By the way the buds look great!

O

ojd

predator mites
they will eat your spidermite and the eggs
make sure you get enough of them

G

fuck neem bro. go to store and buy hotshot no pest strip.. gasses will fume for a few days and kill every thing that breaths .. just vent well afterwards and limit breathing of strips fumes for over 4 hrs a day. isolate area for 9 days and problem solved permanently..

D

dynamitejack

it won't taste like neem.
all of the neem residue will be absorbed by the leaves & buds.

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY APPLIED NEEM (dynagro neem oil) TO FIGHT/CONTROL SPIDER MITES UP TO WEEK 7 WITH NO ILL EFFECTS. I have a particularly finnicky

He is in his 10th week, the buds are going to taste like neem.

OP what color are your trics?

Greyskull

Greyskull

ahhh 10th week...
missed that.

dude isn't the plant done at 10 weeks?

B

boxmunch9

cut the plant and trimm them and then hang them, all the mite will crawl to the top of the cut stem and make a tiny little ball of 100's of little mites, then i blast the tip of the cut stem with a spray bottle of water and it kills them, carefully not to hit any bud. you will have to do it a couple times a day until no more appear on the top of the stem. all the mite will go to the top and they wont web on you. then get some like 3 hotshots and leave them high in your room with your next batch of clones with a couple fans on for a couple of days to kill any other mites. i had mites for nearly a year and i was able to finally rid them by taking a month off and hotshots out the ass

B

boxmunch9

also lady bugs do not work because they are prefeed, you can watch them walk over mites and not eat them. another 100% way is to close the room and pump it with 10,000ppm of coz for 1-2hrs, kills everything including you so go get a bit to eat and come back

K

KushMaster707

I would release a bunch of lady bugs. apx 100. too many lady bugs wont hurt you, theyll just get rid of other pests faster and theyre easier to remove if you need to with a dirt devil. They are also really cheap. I get apx. 150 for a couple bucks at a garden supply and they work really well. I always keep them in my g room reguardless to always keep an upperhand on any pesky pests. Good luck

P

pinkus

New OMRI listed Miteacide

Spinosad is the ingredient. It is similar to BT in it's action. I haven't used it yet, but early reports are fantastic. Very limited toxicity to non-pests, with a few notable exceptions. It is toxic to bees until it is dried. It also has some toxicity to amphibians and fish, so you don't want it to run off. It is supposed to be odorless as well (unlike BT~ retch) I know it's late for the crop in question, but I know I always want any leads on destroying the BORG, i mean mites.

Peace

Top Bottom