Help. Spotting. 3-4 Weeks Flower

• Thread starter LostInTheTranslation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LostInTheTranslation

Need help identifying these spots that popped up the 3rd week into flower. Flushed week 3 with FloraKleen, fish shit. Growing in FFHF with 2 gallon pot. After flush dried I water with Head Masta (1ml in a gallon), fish shit (3ml in gallon), botanicare cal mag 5ml in gallon) and water to 20% runoff. Lights are viparspectra xs1000 set at 18”. Room is staying at 78 degrees 40% humidity and I have a ex xl co2 bag in a sealed room plus have 12” hurricane wall mounted oscillating fan set at lowest speed and phat filter 6x20 running off Ac infinity T6 set on 8” for smell. Disregard the hole in the leaf which was caused by me. I’ve checked for bugs, root rot and slurry test after flush was a 5.6 PH. Might just be bad genetics but I am at a lost.

Help spotting 3 4 weeks flower
Help spotting 3 4 weeks flower 2
Help spotting 3 4 weeks flower 3
Help spotting 3 4 weeks flower 4
Help spotting 3 4 weeks flower 5
Help spotting 3 4 weeks flower 6
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well let’s start of with easy stuff..
take a pic of the plants in the pots..
you could have root bound issues..
and or watering issues..
is the floor cold?

L

LostInTheTranslation

well let’s start of with easy stuff..
take a pic of the plants in the pots..
you could have root bound issues..
and or watering issues..
is the floor cold?
Floor is not cold. I have them elevated off of the floor. Root temps are at 73-75F. Photos are little old since I can’t get any photos right now. I can take more later. Honestly I think has to do with the FF tiger bloom I started using a week into flower…. That’s stuff is salty. What could I do to cross root bound off the list since I don’t think it’s rot bc I’d smell it.

0234037A 9C26 489B AD55 0286908691C4
9CA3EE7E D716 4A29 9C99 716E1F15B61F
93C5CD55 9E5F 4818 9509 7484A5953E45
1696FEB9 FB99 4632 9BA3 40C5CE43C172
74FD1AB8 1F65 4ECB 890E 112DE985B0F9
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’m curious to see how big the plants are compared to your 2 gallon pot…
if it’s not wet than tip one upside down and slide it out, quickly see if roots are a nice whiteish colour and is it rootbound.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

FFHF? Did you balance your feed with whats already in the soil so that you don't throw off the pH by over feeding some thing but not others?
This is why, if you want to feed the plant, use coco and perlite, forget the soil.

L

LostInTheTranslation

FFHF? Did you balance your feed with whats already in the soil so that you don't throw off the pH by over feeding some thing but not others?
This is why, if you want to feed the plant, use coco and perlite, forget the soil.
Fox Farm Happy Frog. Yes balanced to 6.5 whenI fed with tiger bloom once during the first week of flower. I’m thinking for the rest of the grow I’m going to ditch tiger since I transplanted into a 2 gallon with extra soil 4 weeeks ago

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

come on in!!!
i’m just taking the watering issue way of things first as i kinda see a couple rings around some of the dark coloured spots, possibly leaf septoria?
Wrong color for septoria in this case. This presents as an imbalance in the feed.

The following is my understanding and has nothing to do with science, just what I've seen over the years of doing this.

When the pH is off the plant can not take up the nutrient correctly, and further, I think it's also difficult for the plant to distribute the nutes that it did get. So some places on the most hungry leaves are going to be short of nutes and will dry out, or possibly collect more waste products. This changes the color. What color tells you what direction to look. A brown, wilty look is likely a fungus, a light almost orange is K... you get the idea.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Fox Farm Happy Frog. Yes balanced to 6.5 whenI fed with tiger bloom once during the first week of flower. I’m thinking for the rest of the grow I’m going to ditch tiger since I transplanted into a 2 gallon with extra soil 4 weeeks ago
Tiger Bloom? Yeah, that stuff is getting a bad rap. I'd drop it or cut the amount to 1/4 of what the charts say. I cut all charts by 75% anyway. They are rigged to make you use up the product as fast as you can without killing your plant.

L

LostInTheTranslation

i’m curious to see how big the plants are compared to your 2 gallon pot…
if it’s not wet than tip one upside down and slide it out, quickly see if roots are a nice whiteish colour and is it rootbound.
I’ll check if it’s dried out a little once I get back from drinking lol and see if I can pull it out of the pot. I was thinking it was a root issue with a miss feed issue

L

LostInTheTranslation

Wrong color for septoria in this case. This presents as an imbalance in the feed.

The following is my understanding and has nothing to do with science, just what I've seen over the years of doing this.

When the pH is off the plant can not take up the nutrient correctly, and further, I think it's also difficult for the plant to distribute the nutes that it did get. So some places on the most hungry leaves are going to be short of nutes and will dry out, or possibly collect more waste products. This changes the color. What color tells you what direction to look. A brown, wilty look is likely a fungus, a light almost orange is K... you get the idea.
My PH was 5.3 and I immediately flushed with FloraKleen and got it up to 5.6 but still need to get it up so I’ve cut out the tiger bloom and only using CalMag and Fish shit until I get my PH right

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I’ll check if it’s dried out a little once I get back from drinking lol and see if I can pull it out of the pot. I was thinking it was a root issue with a miss feed issue
well maybe just transplant to be on the safe side and too help you get to the end easier,
it probably needs it, not ideal in flower but…

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if you got a buddy or wife there to help get them to quickly take a picture of the roots and post here..

Top Bottom