Help starting my "kid" :D

• Thread starter brunosuepas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brunosuepas

GMorning Farmers :)
I'm new here, I already made my presentation at the defined area and now, i'm starting to grow my own child :D

For a long time that i've been a weed lover ( :banana1sv6:) and now i want to start making my own !

As its my first time, I dont have much money around to spend, neither do space ! So, what i'm looking for its the things I need to make one (and only one) plant for own use !

I leave in Portugal, I have sunlight here like 8h a day at this time of the year (winter) ~12º. To catch natural sunlight i would have to put it on the garden, and it would only catch like 4h of sun, or not even that !

So... i'm looking for you to tell me what i need to buy to make a indoor plant !

I want help to know where and what to buy:
- Seeds
- Lights
- Addictives
- Anti-Ills (don't knew how to spell it in english lol)
- and some other things that you thing i will need !

I know my English aint clear, but if you need something, I can try to make you understand what i meant!

Cyou around farmers :) :passingjoint:

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

no bad english at all and welcome to not only the farm but to growing!

if you are low on money look into CFL bulbs. there are tons of growers with CFL's. i'd also look into a auto flowering strain if you are only growing a single plant you need it to be fast and for sure female! tons of seedbanks sell auto flowering strains that would be your best way to start imo considering you have almost no space and budget.

ive never used cfl for anything but cloning and never growing a auto flowering strain but if i were you that's where i would start my research.

good luck

str8dank

B

brunosuepas

Str8Dank, thank you for your welcomes and information :)

'Bout my english, sometimes I dont know how to express myself :b

Well, about the budget, i'm a Portuguese guy and i've like 100-150€ for a start!
The problem is the space, i'm going to make it grow in my room, so, i don't have much space!

I've seen some smaller then the normal buds, can you tell me something bout'em?

What about Fertilizers, and the soil it would be the best for growing?

M

mdTHC420

welcome.

the first few grows i messed around with i used first a bunch of smaller fluresent bulbs and go a lil bit. next flowered a bubba my friend gave me that was vegged under MH and 8 bulb t5, i got about .5 oz. then i vegged and flowered same bubba cutting but all with my 110 watts of fluresents and got much less, maybe between .175 oz and .25 oz.

lesson learned: while you CAN grow and flower with weak flouresent bulbs, its not in your best interest. after those first few i broke down and got a 400 watt HPS to veg a lil bit then throw em into flower with. lets just say instead of a 12 -18 inch plant, we're talkng 2-4 feet easy in a 2.5-6 ft or so closet space. also as long as you move the air the 400 shouldnt throw enough heat to cause u problems.

good luck.

M

mdTHC420

sorry, forgot this part. ive had people grow with no fert and the plant will still grow and still flower, but take infinately longer to do so and yeild a smaller and less dank result. ive had success with the botanicare line of liquid karma, soil veg, and soil flower formula. they make little starter packs of all 3 for under $20 USD but u need more karma and flower if u follow the feeding directions and dont veg that long.

hope that helps.

oh, and use good soil

B

brunosuepas

G_morning everyone,
First of all, thank you for ur reply mdTHC420,
with the development and putting a start on my plan, i started doing some research for the lamp buying.
I saw alot of people talking 'bout T5 Lights, and that they were the best for growing and you could use it from the beggining to the end!

The most of T5 Lights I found were 4 lamps kit, and for a small grow, i dont need 4 lamps. So I got my research a lil bit deeper and found those two

2 LAMP 4ft T5 FLUORESCENT GROW LIGHT T-5 HO F54T5HO
Code:
 [b]SYSTEM OVERVIEW [/b]                                  

* 100% BRAND NEW!
    * 2 Lamp 4 Foot T5 High Output Fluorescent Fixture
    * TWO Specialty 6500K "GROW" T5 Bulbs Included
    * High Output 10,000 lumens!
    * 10' Grounded Power Cord - plugs into a standard household outlet and operates on standard household current
    * Pair of Hangers included! (not pictured)
    * Solid State Digital Electronic Ballast!
    * Sturdy Steel Construction
    * Measures 47"Long x 4.75" Wide x 2.75" Deep

Code:
[b]FEATURES:[/b]

* TWO specialty horticultural 6500K High Output T5 GROW BULBS INCLUDED!
    * 6500K spectrum (daylight spectrum) is PERFECT for lush, green VEGETATIVE (green) plant growth!
    * Perfect for seed starting, taking cuttings, keeping mother plants, over-wintering plants, supplemental or full term lighting!
    * High Output T5 Fluorescents are the most efficient source of Fluorescent lighting available! 
    * Approx. DOUBLE the LIGHT OUTPUT of 2 Lamp 4' standard T12 and T8 Fluorescent fixtures! 
    * Uses only approx. 108 watts but emits 10,000 lumens! 
    * The Lumen Per Watt ratio (meaning electricity used compared to light output) is comparable to Metal Halide!
    * Because of High Output T5 Fluorescents low heat, the light can be placed closer to the plants resulting in greater light intensity when compared to Metal Halide lamps.
    * Heavy Duty Steel housing will last a lifetime!
    * 2 Year Warranty on Ballast
    * 1 Year Warranty on Bulbs

2 LAMP 4ft T5 FLUORESCENT GROW LIGHT w 6500K BULBS
Code:
[b]SYSTEM OVERVIEW[/b]                                 

* 100% BRAND NEW!
    * 2 Lamp 4 Foot T5 High Output Fluorescent Fixture
    * TWO Specialty 6500K "GROW" T5 Bulbs Included
    * High Output 10,000 lumens!
    * 10' Grounded Power Cord - plugs into a standard household outlet and operates on standard household current
    * Pair of Hangers included! (not pictured)
    * Solid State Digital Electronic Ballast!
    * Sturdy Steel Construction
    * Measures 47"Long x 4.75" Wide x 2.75" Deep

Code:
[b]FEATURES[/b]:

* TWO specialty horticultural 6500K High Output T5 GROW BULBS INCLUDED!
    * 6500K spectrum (daylight spectrum) is PERFECT for lush, green VEGETATIVE (green) plant growth!
    * Perfect for seed starting, taking cuttings, keeping mother plants, over-wintering plants, supplemental or full term lighting!
    * High Output T5 Fluorescents are the most efficient source of Fluorescent lighting avialable! 
    * Approx. DOUBLE the LIGHT OUTPUT of 2 Lamp 4' standard T12 and T8 Fluorescent fixtures! 
    * Uses only approx. 108 watts but emits 10,000 lumens! 
    * The Lumen Per Watt ratio (meaning electricity used compared to light output) is comparable to Metal Halide!
    * Because of High Output T5 Fluorescents low heat, the light can be placed closer to the plants resulting in greater light intensity when compared to Metal Halide lamps.
    * Heavy Duty Steel housing will last a lifetime!
    * 2 Year Warranty on Ballast
    * 1 Year Warranty on Bulbs

Wich ones should I prefer?

Thanks in advice, see you in the next journey !
:passingjoint:

B

brunosuepas

??

Offtopic:

Gratz for this new version, it looks really kewl

B

brunosuepas

Shame on me xD
After compparing both files, they are the same :x lool

But well, will they fit for 2 or 3 plants? Will they fit from the beggining(day 1) to the end(last day)?

thanks in advice :passingjoint:

M

mdTHC420

if your question is if you can grow a few house plants that will look real nice and all sure. if you want any kind of true positive growth after they are over 12 inches or any bud formation you would actually want to smoke, you need to spring for a 400 HPS i would say to finish. to save money i did veg for a few weeks under the HPS instead of MH then HPS with really no negative side effects, possibly a very small amount of stretching.

i used a 400 HPS with no cooling fan other than the one on the plants to stuff a closet with 6 2.5 ft plants, so 2-3 plants could be finished around 3 feet i would say under 400.

those T5s ur looking at would really only be good for seedlings or clones for a couple of weeks tops.

B

Buddy Flowers

if you want to save money, get a big light now. you won't be sorry

1st.artuning

I'm not trying to promote a book but look into Buds for less great grow info and they show you how to grow using cfl's and spend less than 100 buck on products....

Top Bottom