Help! Stunted growth, hairs turning black/brown and dieing

• Thread starter THCrookie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

THCrookie

So just like the title says the hairs on my pre 98 bubba is dieing off and i cant seem to figure out what is wrong. The system is a 4 plant diy mpb and its only showing these symptoms to 2 of the plants on on the upper half of them. The growth is also stunted and my 2 other plants are taking off. Room temps are in the low 80's (using co2 at 1200 ppm) so i know its not heat stress. Ph swings from 5.2-6.1 currently 5.9 at so i know theyre eating normal well atleast the 2 are. One culprit im guessing is i had a bunch of springtails and fungus gnats but i have killed them off recently though some could still be lurking around. Possibly fungus gnat larvaes effecting growth? I have caps bennies on the way but if that doesnt work then i guess im SOL unless someone can help.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

T

THCrookie

Res temps are 68 - 75 and i add uc roots with every feeding and h2o2 inbetween

L

larebowm

the springtails (beneficial)will eat on the fungus gnat larvae..
pics?

T

THCrookie

Ill get pics up tomorrow and theres still a bunch of spring tails that get caught in my return filter but ive been seeing some larvae in there too :(

T

THCrookie

For sure but i cant rely on these spring tails to do the work. Like i said these 2 plants are falling behind and i cant just replace them with 2 others due to the fact its an mpb and they have to be on the same feeding schedule, these bennies cant come soon enough !!! Ill take pics later to night and you can see what im working with. maybe even start a journal. Thanks for all your input bro

L

larebowm

no springtales wont do all the work but its hard to say how bad things look without pics and if you have broadmites probably better scrap it all

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
what did you use to kill them off? this may be whats causing your problem

L

larebowm

hopefully youll get lots of folks chiming in to help out.there also some pics on here do a search for broadmites and see if the damage is smilar.

T

THCrookie

Kid twist: i had spider mites before i flipped and i was using azamax every 3 days 3 treatments total. I thought they might have gotten burned from it but considering the fact my other 2 plants are perfectly fine i doubt it.

Delae: ill check for broadmites and have pics up later tonight. Would BM stunt their overall growth?

T

THCrookie

hopefully youll get lots of folks chiming in to help out.there also some pics on here do a search for broadmites and see if the damage is smilar.

Did some research and scoped out the 2 and no bugs whatsoever. Looked closer into the buds and the hairs havent been getting eaten, theyre just turning black/brown and dieing off.

T

THCrookie

first pic is taken from one of the healthy plants and the second two are from the one falling behind. 3 weeks in and the buds from the last two pics are considerably smaller. thanks again for everyones input so far.
The good
The bad
The ugly

organicozarks

organicozarks

Broad mites only attack new growth. Your new growth is a bit jacked up. I know you said that you scoped for broad mites, but they are much smaller than a standard mite, and can be missed very easily. That being said if you use OGBIOWAR foliar pack it will kill any, and all critters that you could ever get.

I tried hundreds of dollars worth of shit over a 2month period trying to get rid of broad mites, and the only thing that worked was the ogbiowar foliar pack. It makes growing retard proof. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You need at least 100x to scope for broad mites, I've read 400x is what to use. That really looks like something's infested the plants.

organicozarks

organicozarks

It took me using my 400x microscope to see them. The small hand held 60x-100x scope I use to look at trichomes was not powerful enough. Once you see those little indented football looking fucks for the first time your heart will drop. Then at least you know what you are dealing with, and you can handle the problem.

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
Im guessing broad mites. Youll want pick a fan leaf and turn it over and check for them where the main stem branches off. If you scope that area and see little fuckers walking with shiny backs like diamonds you've got broads. I had them for multiple harvests...it's embarrassing to say but I had them almost 2 years before I figured out I had broad mites. This was a couple years ago and most people I knew hadn't even heard of them. I had to much pride to put up pics because I thought I knew everything about growing. Finally I put up pics and Obs told me his opinion and where to look. I did and he was right. I tried fighting them by going nuclear on them but it was a losing battle because I had around 20 moms fully infested so I scrapped everything and bombed my place a few times and then completely repainted my rooms. I'm also a big fan of ogbiowar and use it every week and haven't had a single pest problem going on a year. Fwiw when I had broad mites I lost all pistils on my flowers in a period of a couple days. Good luck and I hope for your sake I'm wrong. Here's a pic I just took of where to scope.

T

THCrookie

Thanks for pic reference bro. And all the other input. Waiting on my ogbiowar stuff and ill be foliar feeding and adding some to my res incase i have more fungus gnats. Ill be posting pics up in a couple days and let ya'll how its going.

One love.

Latest posts

Top Bottom