Help! Suggestions For Outside Grow Set Up (on A Budget)

• Thread starter Wonder Budz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wonder Budz

Well... lets just say today has been horrible and I've been really stumped when it comes to building a working green house for ten plants... I have an indoor setup that I was running and today the fuses decided to blow.. the electrician said it wouldn't be smart to run the lights anymore cause it's a now a hazard cause my main breaker is weak. smh. But I had two 1000w lights over the ten plants and they started flowering two weeks ago, you can see all the bud sites and they're extremely healthy! I'm not trying to lose them and I'm not too sure how the plants will turn out since the rest of the grow season for outdoor is still young.. but none the less I need some help brain storming for something easy and cheap to build so I can save (or try to save) these girls... its my first grow.. please help!

Tat2420

Tat2420

You can't upgrade your fuses? Or run off different breakers...like one light off one sector and so on...

W

Wonder Budz

An upgrade is looking a bit pricey at the moment..

And That's how I had them running but for some reason today it decided to blow.. looking at all the wiring whoever did it, didn't do it right... I'm feeling that I'm not going to be able to finish indoor unless I can get the upgrade..

Juicebox

Juicebox

So replace your main breaker then split up your amp load on different circuits..oh nm looks like your in a pickle

Last edited:
MW7945

MW7945

The problem is you've put them into flower, and we're approaching the longest days of the year. Assuming you're in North America. Do you have any electrical experience? Id replace the main breaker, and run each of the lights on their own breaker. Shouldn't be that expensive at all

Juicebox

Juicebox

You can run as much watts as you need....breakers blow off amperage so breaking your grow down to amps would be smart at this point

W

Wonder Budz

The problem is you've put them into flower, and we're approaching the longest days of the year. Assuming you're in North America. Do you have any electrical experience? Id replace the main breaker, and run each of the lights on their own breaker. Shouldn't be that expensive at all

Yes! I know, That's what's keeping me awake right now.. I don't have very much electrical experience at all especially when it comes to replacing breakers. Smh..

Juicebox

Juicebox

It's literally about as difficult as turning a screwdriver a few times. When in doubt, YouTube
Replacing the main is a little more complicated than that...he would need to get his power shut off for the install....or i would recommend he does with no experience

MW7945

MW7945

Replacing the main is a little more complicated than that...he would need to get his power shut off for the install....or i would recommend he does with no experience

I'm aware, I worked multiple summers for my dads company doing electrical. Depending on where he lives, it could be simple to cut the power, or it could be a total pain in the ass. At our farm it's as easy as flipping a switch outside.

Honestly, after re-reading the first post I'm kind of under the impression the electrician is pulling some stuff out of his ass to get the OP to spend money that isn't necessary. So he can charge more.

Personally, what I would do, either run one 20 amp GFCI outlet for both lights, or the ideal route -- run each light on their own 15 amp GFCI outlet. This way, if you trip the power, it's as simple as hitting the 'reset' button. GFCI's are $5-10 a piece.

Tat2420

Tat2420

What you stand to lose from those 10 plants is gonna cost you a lot more than fixing your power issue Im sure.
Sure you can throw them outside...force a reveg...wait out the season and hope your yield and potency aren't ruined. Or toss em in the sun and try to light dep them everyday til harvest...
Or just fix your breakers...

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

You are obviously between a rock and a hard place right now. You have 10 plants in flower and no electrical (or money to fix it ). Let's save these ladies and buy you some time to get the electrical. The 2 easiest option I can think of right now would be,
1: bring them outside for 12 hours a day and then place them back in your flower room. It's a bit of work lugging then around but they will make it. Or build a lil outside lil deprecation area and just tarp it with blackout tarp 12 hours a day. Still a pain tarping daily and costs some money if you don't have supplies laying around. I hope you can save these plants. Let us know how it goes. Good luck mate.

Top Bottom