HELP !!! Surprise Homeowner Inspection in Middle of Harvest... Really? OMFG

• Thread starter Rhilo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KushCompass

KushCompass

Had the same thing happen. Had to tear down, cut my losses and start fresh. It's part of what we have to go through to do what we want.

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

I too went through this and also had to chop and take a loss.... that's why we own our place now. No More Surprise Visits!

In the mean time, you can always say something like you had to convert the garage into a small living quarters for a friend from out of town and that he is a very private person and prefers to keep his "room" locked and that he is away for a coupla days. Maybe they'll bite...maybe not.

good luck~

Rhilo

Rhilo

Thanks guys, the wife was quick on her toes.. She did say that she had built a quest room for family that were staying and helping with her health, as she has cancer.. They arent coming till Jan. anyway.. Whew~

KeystonerFMX

KeystonerFMX

Premium Farmer
Supporter
lock a loud ass dog in the room and tell them your watching it for a few weeks until your aunt comes back from italy?
i dunno if they would buy the fact that he built an entire room in the garage to keep a dog in.. but that is definitely a really great idea for a room that was already there though.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

fuck em. tell em they can't go in the garage or let em anyway. tell them you're not taking it down. it takes months to get evicted if thats how they want to go.

neverbreak

neverbreak

i'd fill it with boxes and shit so it looks full. they ain't gonna do more than glance at it if it looks like it's full and just used for stroage.

neverbreak

ftwendy

ftwendy

Any updates Rhilo? I agree with Sky - be honest and stand your ground if the room is discovered to be what it is. You aren't without rights until they prove you're in breach of your lease, and with the timing of your harvest and lease termination so close, I think you're safe being loud and proud.

We all agree that these state cards are flimsy when it comes to using them as a shield, but do you think the LL knows that? Just a thought. Good luck, ftw

Rhilo

Rhilo

Ah, thanks for asking.. The situation is on ice.. The homeowners just wanted pics of the yard and damage done from septic repairs, etc.. They are trying to figure out how to fix their dumb ass decision to cut down two beautiful trees in my front yard.. Thus causing us to leave in March when lease is up.. Sucks to move, but the house really is ugly now, and no privacy..

marski420

marski420

If I spent 10k on that garage you better believe I wouldn't give 2 shits about a couple trees missing from my lawn. Certainly wouldn't be enough to make me wanna move but maybe you have a bunch of reasons, who knows. I'm glad things worked out for you, I had a scare myself not too long ago.. Imagine the fire chief and police chief walking through your house and you're not even legal haha, I had my best poker face on that day to say the least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom