Help! Toxic Propane Burner?

• Thread starter FunnyFarmsCA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FunnyFarmsCA

Hello. We have an Aries Eight propane CO2 burner and we are wondering if anyone has heard about them not burning clean or malfunctioning in a way that causes the plants' leaves to take on a rusty color and become droopy? Our burners are regulated and we have been successful with growing in the past, but we are struggling to find what the cause of the problem could be. I can attach pictures of the plants if it helps.

Freshone

Freshone

Yes we have seen it before,when you use a burner in a closed area,especially smaller ones but large as well,the byproduct of the burn is ethylene which will fubar the shit out of your plants and have you chasin deficiencies and your tail.
Try putting Ethylene in the search box at the top of this page and youll get plenty of reading!

F

FunnyFarmsCA

Thank you guys for the input. Here are some pictures. The lighting makes the colors looks a little skewed but the steams are red.

Weed1
Weed2
Weed3
Freshone

Freshone

Also venting in fresh air at regular intervals helps alot but does not solve the issue.Took me a year and a bunch of shitty runs to figure it out and i got rid of the burner,got bottled and never looked back.

F

FunnyFarmsCA

Do you have a CO2 meter for the ppm?

Pictures would definitely help though

We use a sentinel environmental control unit starting at 600ppm and gradually increase to 1200ppm depending on the strain. We also run a 1000 watt DE

F

FunnyFarmsCA

Also venting in fresh air at regular intervals helps alot but does not solve the issue.Took me a year and a bunch of shitty runs to figure it out and i got rid of the burner,got bottled and never looked back.

just to clarify, would CO2 canisters be the best alternative opposed to the propane tanks?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Use bottles as well. To me it looks more like your environment, etc isn't dialed in enough. Weather I turn on burner or bottle my plants always thrive in optimal Co2 conditions. I always do a fresh air change at lights off as well. Happy Growing!

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

My power went out for 2 hours the other day, the Co2 went up to 2500 ppms, this is the reason why I exchange air at night, the last 2 hrs before lights come on, I stop exchanging air and let the Co2 build back up. Helps save a little gas in the end. You should probably get a meter to see what you ppms are really at.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

In had a reg go bad and dump 14,000ppm co2 in my room for 12+hrs. No I'll effects. Plants will and can only use so much co2. The rest just gets wasted. It dumped a fresh 20# tank in an instant.

Freshone

Freshone

just to clarify, would CO2 canisters be the best alternative opposed to the propane tanks?
IF the burner is the cause of your issues then yes compressed co2 tanks will solve it,You already have a controller so you just need a tank and regulator to find out.Bottles worked for me and i dont vent at all now,totally sealed with great results.

P

PharmHand

Everyone's on point- get bottled co2. Technically you shouldn't run any combustion device in a sealed room. When it runs low on oxygen (which happens when plants are small or not healthy)it'll burn a little orange no mattter how clean and how well adjusted your burner is.

Plus they put a sulfur compound in propane/natural gas to make leaks detectable and ,when u burn it ,it produces sulfide compounds that build up over time and cause issues. If you got a big place get liquid bottled co2. Lowering co2 to ambient at night is optimal, having a small exhaust is a good idea regardless as it'll spike over 2k in a sealed room lights out

Top Bottom