Help - Trim Job Turned Into Rescue Mission.

• Thread starter Yaddadamean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yaddadamean

Yaddadamean

It's harvest time again! Even though i still consider myself a novice farmer, this isn't my first harvest. I am an outdoor grower. This year I had to deal w/a gopher knocking down 3 of my plants. I think i got him, but still, he ate 3 of my plants. lol.

I'm currently on the 2nd phase of drying, trimming and curing. I grow out of Northern Cali, Bay Area, and the rain just arrived. I'm doing my best to keep my dry room at a controlled temperature. However, the weather is affecting my dry time. Good news: no mildew, no mold. And the buds still get me high w/no headaches or bad taste. Bad news: the ganja aroma hasn't arrived yet, although i know it's in there. And when placed in jars, it didn't dry completely. I also have a deadline, so time is of the essence.

I hung branches and plants w/their fan leaves for a slow dry. It's been 6 days so far. And i've been trimming the stems and fan leaves as it dries. And i'm laying out the 1st round of trimmed buds in cardboard boxes and cardboard tops.

I'm probably over reacting. But the cannabis industry is so competitive up here, that it lowers my market if i don't cure/dry/trim to perfection.

Any advice?

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

It's harvest time again! Even though i still consider myself a novice farmer, this isn't my first harvest. I am an outdoor grower. This year I had to deal w/a gopher knocking down 3 of my plants. I think i got him, but still, he ate 3 of my plants. lol.

I'm currently on the 2nd phase of drying, trimming and curing. I grow out of Northern Cali, Bay Area, and the rain just arrived. I'm doing my best to keep my dry room at a controlled temperature. However, the weather is affecting my dry time. Good news: no mildew, no mold. And the buds still get me high w/no headaches or bad taste. Bad news: the ganja aroma hasn't arrived yet, although i know it's in there. And when placed in jars, it didn't dry completely. I also have a deadline, so time is of the essence.

I hung branches and plants w/their fan leaves for a slow dry. It's been 6 days so far. And i've been trimming the stems and fan leaves as it dries. And i'm laying out the 1st round of trimmed buds in cardboard boxes and cardboard tops.

I'm probably over reacting. But the cannabis industry is so competitive up here, that it lowers my market if i don't cure/dry/trim to perfection.

Any advice?
Are you drying in a room where if you put a fan or exhaust fan to suck/blow moisture out

Yaddadamean

Yaddadamean

Skip the card board go for turkey bags or totes and burn those bitches I fine 2 weeks min for smell and taste as that's about how long the chlorophyll takes to break down

right on. good tip. I was thinking the same thing. Turkey bag a p or two to cure on deck and ready to go.

Yaddadamean

Yaddadamean

I'd say 63%-65% w/the space heater on medium and the fan on low. Dry room temperature ranges from mid 55 to low 70's. I have a tarp hanging from the window to block any access sunlight. Seasons changed. (I'm still building my equipment and instruments for accurate readings.) However, my "lead trimmer" and I came up w/a system: trim the fan leaves off hanging buds for 1st round of drying, separating the really moist buds from the crispy moist buds in cardboard boxes. Timing is everything. So by the time the crispy moist buds are practically dry enough to cure within a week, I'll have them turkey bagged up w/p's on deck. I was able to sack up a few zips in the mean time. Everything else will get jarred up for storage.

Today was a good trim day! The dank is definitely in there. We got a lot of work done, and there's still hella plants to trim. But I'm confident we'll make out deadline. The whole day consisted of football, food, hella joints, brewskis, and some cool beats.

This Gorilla Glue #4 got me stuck!! It was still sticky, but dry enough to puff on. Must be the papers. (#raw) the burn was slow and even w/white ash. Plenty of resin, b/c of the stickity ickity. But over all, it was a pretty good smooth smoke. I was certainly load-ed. Gotta love that Out-Door Buddha (ODB).

Top Bottom