HELP! Troubled clones - Dark purplish stems?

• Thread starter singlespeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlespeed

singlespeed

I have a problem with the clones(GDP) I just got. I got 50 really large(10 inches) clones crammed on the starter block because of their size. I got them Friday and they were starting to get droopy so put them into rockwool cubes on Monday. I have notice the stems and stalks are turning very dark redish purple. I remember reading that it was deficiency of some sort. Or maybe they are just getting used to the lights? Any farmers out there with an idea what it might be? Should I try CalMag?

My nutrients are:(which has worked perfect in the past)
Protekt
GH Micro
GH Grow
GH Bloom
Diamond Nectar
PB ProGrow
Sweet Grape
Hygrozyme

My WEED, is in need. Help!

Single

Cloneproblem
Cloneproblem1
H

Hylife

I had a cut of GDP that had purple stems all through out its growth phase, the only problems I ever had was that it hermed like crazy but I think its cause I got some bad genetics.

For clones that size, rockwool cubes are fine. What kind of feeding schedule are you on?

420Gator

420Gator

looks underwatered, dont know about the stems. nitro deficient maybe?? i dont think its a cal mag issue.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

stems that have turned completely purple while cloning is generally a sign of nutrient/oxygen lockout, this is generally caused by high or low ph levels, i would check there first. Hope this helps, Take it easy man

P

paulycali

Whats the temp? Low temps can cause stems to turn purple as well as pottasium or phosphorous deficiency causes stems to turn purple.

Transplant shock maybe? Good luck man!

C

c4NN4daze

Purple

Hey guys, came across this thread and thought i could share some advice. Purple stems are fine as long as you know what you are doing in EVERY OTHER AREA of you're garden. This is a Elite A- Train clone that I have in coco right now. I also have a thread on it called Elite A-Train clone. I am just posting these to show that it's okay to have dark purple and pink stems. In my mind you're plants look alittle under watered. Other than that here is the Train.

Pic 1 is on 11-25-10.
Pic 2 is one of the clones topped and transplanted on 12-01-10.
Pics 3 & 4 are on 12-09-10.
And pic five is Yesterday.

Hope this helps and portrays purple as a GooD thing.

CD:winking0067:

100 2599
100 2615
100 2627
100 2635
100 2644
singlespeed

singlespeed

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think my room is actually too cold. 62-72. Not to mention they had a less than ideal transport to my farm. The PH is 5.8-6.0, which is fine. My cube are really heavy and holding a lot of water. Im was actually thinking cutting back the water to allow more oxygen for the roots. Daze what temp are your plants at?

C

c4NN4daze

This is my veg tent. The Growlab 145. My temp. kept is 78.6. :)

singlespeed

singlespeed

Hey guys, here's an update on my situation. Although the stems are still purple the girls are looking much better. I stopped watering on 12/16. I think they were getting way too much water. Also, my room was too cold, so I turned the ac down a bit. Now its a high of 80 and low of 65. On Sat. I resumed watering and plucked off a bunch of crappy-looking leaves that were dying. That seemed to stimulate a ton of new growth. Now most of them are taller and have healthy new growth.

I hate rockwool! I know it has a ton on benefits but it holds water way too well which prevents the roots from getting oxygen. whatchagunnado...

Single

C

crippled1

I agree with transplant shock. The same thing happens to me alot.
Your room being cold would also be bad.
The clones I bring home are smaller and newly rooted and are coming from a nice warm environment. I try to get it around 80 for them.

B

bastard_x

i always have purplish stems except on my blue dream. but one thing that tripped me out the last time i took cuts and put them in vitamin b1 solution and they turned the water a purple tint i have no clue what could cause this reaction only thing ive done different was to add cal mag to my regimond.

singlespeed

singlespeed

It seems to have passed. It's hard to say what happened(transplant shock, temp. or too much water?) because my PH pen was completely shot. Ever since got a new meter everything seems fine. I am getting some cal mag just in case it happens again.

B

Burned Haze

I always thought perfect temp for roots was above 70 and water/room air wise 68? New info to me i guess . Germinating seeds has no prob at 68, i had 100% germination of 4 diff breeders and 24 seeds recently.

Top Bottom