Help, Vegging in Rockwool

• Thread starter EastCoastGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EastCoastGrow

So im flowering my first plant ever, and i forget how i vegged it...
i tragically killed one of my Big Bang seedlings and have one survivor with bad nute burn on leaves, but i switched the rockwool and put fresh water in it.

i have one BlackJack seed germing right now, anyway, i need help with nutes for rockwool young seedlings, my surviving big bang is under my 8 light T5, with only half the rack on, what nutrients should i give young seedlings that just popped? and how much, heat,light. all the basics on how to veg plants the best.

:rasta2:

E

EastCoastGrow

ok thankssssssssssss now both my big bang seedlings died and i just put a blackjack germinated seed in rockwool with water under my t5

OGONLY

OGONLY

Feed with very low PPMs (250-350) just a tiny bit of base nutes or just straight Cal Mag. I like a PH of 6.1 for Rockwool.

Keep your T5's on half power (full power won't hurt but its a waste at that stage) and hang light about 3 feet above seedlings. As they begin to strengthen (wait a week or 10 days) you can begin to slowly lower your light and increase nute strength.

E

EastCoastGrow

thank you og, i think im going to wait till shes atleat a foot tall till i start with nutes, because the first time i think i did it hydro the whole way with a top feed so idk

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

ok first off homie you need to start reading up on your hw b4 you start poppin beans

If any seedlings died dont think in your head its cuz of the farm not responding, the thank you wasnt needed:hi
The only person thats gonna care about your grow the most is you

Ogs got it down tho drop those ppms to around 300
Make sure your always using your ph meter I like 5.8-6.0 in rockwool
but i soak the rockwool b4 i use it in regular phed water at 5.6
rockwool is very alcaline and you have to work with that from the start
it even says to soak in ph 5.5 when you start
and dont feed so much there just seedlings I like to give them at least a week on there on with that supplied energy from the seed itself,
then ill hit em with nutrition at 300 ppm
I think waiting till there a foot is way too long brotha

taking you did all that i dont see how you could have had any seeds die on you
Im here to help, just try to get the basics down on your own brotha, learn from the oh so many other mistakes that have been made many times b4

& post pics up pics say a thousand words

Good luck with everything

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

get it up quick homie lol id be trippin
sooner the better gotta catch that shit quick

OGONLY

OGONLY

I think Dr Cali got confused, rockwool starts off very alcaline. Therefore you should prep your cubes prior to planting in them. I like to soak mine in 4.0 water for at leat 12 hours. After that 12 hours is up, test the water they were soaking in. It will be at around 5.8 PH. That change in water PH shows you how alcaline the cubes are before the soak.

Anything above 7 is alcaline, anything below 7 is acidic.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

your right og woops i had it mixed up
but you got the point

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Didn't you just have a thread closed for wasteing space from asking the most simple fuckin questions, goddamn homie do a lil fuckin reading before asking questions countless others have asked as well as simple growfaq info... Az

Top Bottom