help ventilation setup and noise please

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

Hi i am looking for some help on my ventilation have my flower room set up and my ventilation setup i am just not sure if i have it set up propely and i also would like some ideas on ways to lower the noise of the air rushing through the ducting

My main problem is my outtake nosie and it is not the nosie of the fan itself it is on a speed controler and the noise of air going through the ductin is realy loud im not to sure on what is realy cozing it it is only regular ducting am using and it could be that it is going through a vent on the wall if you look down it will explain it a bit more not sure a dont want to start cuttin away at wall if it not this lol

My setup

Built in wordrope (1.7ft x 3ft x 6ft)
30l dwc with 4" netpot
400w hps
6" cool shade
6" ocalating fan
4"rvk 184m3/h intake reg ducting
6"rvk 428m3/h outtake reg ducting

So heres. A quick run down on how my ventilation is setup i have my 4" rvk as intake pulling air from the window (pic1) 6m ducting running along floor onto fan (inside room) (pic 2) now the outtake i have my 400w hps cool shade set up then i have 1m (for movement) ducting atatched to shade and fan (pic 3) then fan and another 1m ducting taking it out to vent on wall as it was already ther (pic 4,5,6) then i have another 5m ducting from vent on outside of wardrope to the window (pic 7,8,9)

Coupd it be that the vent on the wall thats is making the nosie ?

I could cut a bit off the top of the door and and have one big long peice of ductin from fan straight to window

Thanks for having the the tine to read this a would he very thano full for any help or ideas you could give me. Thanks

Help ventilation setup and noise please
Help ventilation setup and noise please 2
Help ventilation setup and noise please 3
Help ventilation setup and noise please 4
Help ventilation setup and noise please 5
Help ventilation setup and noise please 6
Help ventilation setup and noise please 7
Help ventilation setup and noise please 8
Help ventilation setup and noise please 9
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Sounds like it's your fan on top of the wardrobe, but I'm not sure as it's kind of hard to judge noise from pictures. However they sell mufflers for fans... They cut back on noise and for how much your moving I'd imagine it's just ambient noise... Well for the last several years my ambient noise in my grow is 2 12" turbines, a 4 ton AC, 16 lights and ballasts, 9 others fans, and music going....
Most of my friends don't understand, I don't hear very well. Haha

S

Shivaskunk

Sounds like it's your fan on top of the wardrobe, but I'm not sure as it's kind of hard to judge noise from pictures. However they sell mufflers for fans... They cut back on noise and for how much your moving I'd imagine it's just ambient noise... Well for the last several years my ambient noise in my grow is 2 12" turbines, a 4 ton AC, 16 lights and ballasts, 9 others fans, and music going....
Most of my friends don't understand, I don't hear very well. Haha

Thanks. But i dont think it is the fans as it isnt the sound of vibrations from the fan it is like a wooshing sound from the air moving through the ducting and it only seens to be at the vent were the ducting is conecter to tge wall on the 2 sides. im not to sure but i think it is from the air passing through the vent on the wall as the is were it seems to be loudest. Could that make it louder as the air is tring to pass through small holes to get into the other part of the ductin

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Ya, especially if it's smaller. You will get sound from the air creating a vortex going through smaller-non tapered areas

I'd try and pop the cover off. Looks to be metal

S

Shivaskunk

Ya, especially if it's smaller. You will get sound from the air creating a vortex going through smaller-non tapered areas

Thanks alot man. Couldnt fint thats anywere lol. Al try cut a bit out the door and put ductin straight onto fan

Top Bottom