Help: Weak and yellow sativa

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Hello teens,

This strain is Durban Poison, growing under LED bar light in soil with Gaia green dry amendments. They are about week 3 flower.

The yellowing has been going on for a while, starting with lower leaves. I recently amended with Bloom nutrients and this did not help the yellowing.

Note the wimpy and thin branches that have started to sag under the weight. I've never had that happen before. I have not pH'd the feed water in a longass time due to several sticky posts about soil. Soil is Happy Frog amended with EWC every so often à la Canucks Grow.

It looks like there's multiple problems. What do you think?

Help weak and yellow sativa

Help weak and yellow sativa 2

Help weak and yellow sativa 3

Help weak and yellow sativa 4

I

imgrowing

dark green veins and light green in between says mag deficiency and unless your ph is way off ph is not a big issue in soil.
is it possible you fed to much and have lock out?
if i'm not mistaken, yellow from the bottom up is a mobile nutrient which says lacking nitrogen i think.
hopefully someone more smarter will pop in here.
sorry i couldn't be more helpful

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
overdone with nitrogen,..
back off the light a bit and just continue on as is as your amended with gaia bloom but stop everything else,..

jdog22

jdog22

got some nitrogen issue there but no idea why you have the yellowing leafs, i get issues with my light 3 weeks into flower but the leaf dmg on youres look different.

my advice check your PH before you fert (so the water youll be using) and from the run off water also with run off whats your ec level down there.
light height and what light youre using ?

im thinking you could have a lockout to some nutes due to a ph or ec level please check them its so important

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Thank you all for the advice so far. It looks as though 3T/gal of dry amendment was too much.

I have now started to pH the feed water and have added Epsom salt to the soil. I raised the light and lowered the heater.

I'm bummed! Nearing the end and all of my lower leaves are dying off. The sativa (lower left) is all droopy. The buds do seem to be growing and seeking the light, but slowly and wispy.

I had one additional question that will affect future grows: I used to water until runoff and vacuum up the runoff... With this grow I water until runoff in the tray and just let it sit to soak up through the fabric pots, which they do readily. (I thought I was not saturating the soil). Could this be a cause of over fertilizing? Should I be watering over a drain? (I thought with organic soil you "don't want to wash away the nutrients"?)

Thanks again

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

My sativa is looking ever worse; stems are rubbery and sagging-- and yesterday I caught a banana on it.

Should I just kill this plant?

Top Bottom