Help! Weird Browning/yellowing During Flower Stage

• Thread starter Rustymeeks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rustymeeks

Hey guys, I grew this plant outside then took it in as soon as it started flowering, got a 1000w light for it and it started off great but quickly began shedding dead yellow leaves while the buds seemed to slow in growth somewhat. Last couple days the top leaves closest to the buds have shown signs if browning. I want to diagnosis this accurately so I can make the right adjustments! Thanks for the help :)

Help weird browningyellowing during flower stage
Help weird browningyellowing during flower stage 2
Help weird browningyellowing during flower stage 3
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Any white flies? Check under leaves or give em a good shake??

Madbud

Madbud

Overwatered and rootbound? Have you tried pulling it out of the pot to aerate the roots?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Looks to me like she is hungry. Nitrogen typically shows up at the bottom leaves first, but will work its way up thru the larger fan leaves, which act as food and mineral storage. When you move it inside, the 1000watt light probably doesn't illuminate the plant like the outdoor light did...which will cause leaf dieoff, especially in the inner and bottom leaves Bugs/whiteflies are a possibility, look under the leaves or when the light just turns on...you will see them jumping and flying.
I'd recommend a decent meal and examine for bugs. Rootbound can cause problems but not typically quickly, like you are seeing. During flowering, they use up the stored energy and nutrients, needing more water and food. Be careful not to feed the wrong type of fert during flowering as some schools of thought are that feeding diminishes potency. Your mileage may vary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom