Help??weird wrinkled leafs and light curling??

• Thread starter ZakGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZakGrow

ZakGrow

Was working on plant with first round of lst and saw these weird leaves it was never over 80 in the tent and don't think it was the light was to close bc some of the bottom leaves were wrinkled and dried out but not top leaves. Some leaves were even half bowed down and curled up like in the pic was only a hand full of leaves that were messed up just wondering the cause going forwards maybe ph, cant put a finger on it any help is appreciated.

Image4
Image3
Image2
Image1
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What are you growing them in and what have you been feeding them? You might be accumulating too much P or K, which is harder to get rid of than nitrogen and can accu,ulate if you use a lot of nutes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was working on plant with first round of lst and saw these weird leaves it was never over 80 in the tent and don't think it was the light was to close bc some of the bottom leaves were wrinkled and dried out but not top leaves. Some leaves were even half bowed down and curled up like in the pic was only a hand full of leaves that were messed up just wondering the cause going forwards maybe ph, cant put a finger on it any help is appreciated.
Looks like a root issue? Have you inspected closely for bugs in the soil or around the plant?

ZakGrow

ZakGrow

Looks like a root issue? Have you inspected closely for bugs in the soil or around the plant?
no i have not, would i just use the jewelers lop and look for bugs on top layer of soil, I transplanted about 2 weeks ago and everything looked good before that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

no i have not, would i just use the jewelers lop and look for bugs on top layer of soil, I transplanted about 2 weeks ago and everything looked good before that.
Did they look like that within a few days of transplant? Damaged leaves will not get better but if it's not getting worse then it may be ok.

Yeah dig around a bit. I'm thinking of fungus knats in particular but I'm a very poor person to take advice from on bugs. To me it looks like root issue maybe from the transplant or previous issue or bug damage. Maybe nutrients as @Jimster eluded to.

If its been this way since transplant and not spreading to new leaves I would just carry on and keep an eye out.

ZakGrow

ZakGrow

What are you growing them in and what have you been feeding them? You might be accumulating too much P or K, which is harder to get rid of than nitrogen and can accu,ulate if you use a lot of nutes.
i have been feeding gh 3 part with some other of there stuff with some real growers recharge here and there and there in coco i had recently transplanted from red solo cups to 7 gal pots they all looked good untill i noticed the leaves today should i just water and lay off nutes for a watering or 2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i have been feeding gh 3 part with some other of there stuff with some real growers recharge here and there and there in coco i had recently transplanted from red solo cups to 7 gal pots they all looked good untill i noticed the leaves today should i just water and lay off nutes for a watering or 2
Nope. In coco you need to water daily with nutrients. It's not like soil. I think the 7 gal pots are a bit big but it's just going to be a bit more wasteful. Thats part of the benefit to coco you can grow in smaller pots. How often are you watering?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Over sized containers, can bring a variety of problems like lack of O2, and buildup of nutrients as mentioned.

Coco is amazing in how small a size of fabric pots that can be used to grow nice size plants!

Some of the leaves look like they are clawed which is a sign of overwatering and excess of nutrients IMHO.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not saying this is what you've got going on but when I see weird leave show up it's usually from pH fluctuation, or what I call pH bounce (it could be a thing)

I did it again recently, I'll show you the leaf when I get a chance, a lot of people think it's TMV but imho it's from a high pH bounce LOL I thought the jug was already adjusted and I ended up watering at a tap pH of 8.9 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not saying this is what you've got going on but when I see weird leave show up it's usually from pH fluctuation, or what I call pH bounce (it could be a thing)

I did it again recently, I'll show you the leaf when I get a chance, a lot of people think it's TMV but imho it's from a high pH bounce LOL I thought the jug was already adjusted and I ended up watering at a tap pH of 8.9 🤦‍♂️
Absolutely agree. Watering with nutrients to runoff daily in coco will also help prevent this.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

The picture in the middle there with the dropping / pointing leaf could be from overwatering.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hard to over water coco. Soil yes but coco needs watered often.

gotcha.
ive been using a shredded coco husk then two relatively hot soils. I find the periphery of my pots drying out quick and the main root ball holding onto the moisture for quite a while. It’s a been working out quite well. I can mix in other nutz if needed for veg or flower.
i fond that the soils themselves were holding water way too long. The coco gives more drainage.

Top Bottom