Help! what are these? Need help identifying...

• Thread starter 559Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

559Farmer

These are on my plants outdoors. Need help identifying. Are they good or bad??

559Farmer

IMG 20220806 175643734

IMG 20220806 190026969
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

not the ants themselves perhaps, but they might be 'harvesting' pests - typically, aphids, whiteflies, and mealybugs...

tobh

tobh

Supporter
would hit your plants with neem or comparable as soon as the sun goes down. you can even make your own pesticide with 1tbsp grated onion, 1tsp cayenne powder, and some dish detergent (like dawn). hell, those look big enough you might be able to blast em off with a hose, then spray your deterrent. neem would help keep any that return to the scene of the crime from being able to continue life.

559Farmer

would hit your plants with neem or comparable as soon as the sun goes down. you can even make your own pesticide with 1tbsp grated onion, 1tsp cayenne powder, and some dish detergent (like dawn). hell, those look big enough you might be able to blast em off with a hose, then spray your deterrent. neem would help keep any that return to the scene of the crime from being able to continue life.
I'm starting to flower I use Neem during veg. But how late Into flower can you spray?
Also I've heard of using Dish Soap. I tried it once but it burned my plant....any one in particular that is safe to use....Thanks In Advance

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'm starting to flower I use Neem during veg. But how late Into flower can you spray?
Also I've heard of using Dish Soap. I tried it once but it burned my plant....any one in particular that is safe to use....Thanks In Advance
yeah, i wouldn't use neem in flower, will make your flower taste like garbage.

you just want a drop or two of dish soap. i use dawn for everything personally, but its purpose in this mix is to act as a surfactant -- a water wetter/spreader. dawn is the gentlest i'm aware of (that's why rescue groups use it for cleaning animals caught in oil spills), but you don't want a heavy concentration as the shit is like neem. it'll create an oily film which in turn acts like a magnifying glass for the sun.

you might be able to use a non-ionic adjuvant but i've not seen anyone use one in cannabis (they're used in landscaping for herbicides and liquid nutrient applications). they don't leave oily films but I can't speak to their food safety. obviously anything you spray you want to be food safe.

a last ditch, full on nuclear solution that's guaranteed to work is spinosad. i don't like using it liberally as i don't want pests developing a tolerance but it's effective on a ton of pests and safe for human consumption. it's kind of the poker player's hidden ace -- when all else fails. captain jacks dead bug is the most common brand i've seen in the PNW of the US. not available in canada iirc.

559Farmer

I will try the dish soap on a branch to see how the plant does. So the spinosad is safe to use during the whole flowering period?

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

1 part isopropyl alcohol to 10 parts water, make a spray?

Latest posts

Top Bottom