Help! What is Doing This to my Girls???

• Thread starter mpjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mpjm

Hey all,

Noticed this yesterday and when I just went out to water it was worse...I searched all plants (five total in area) and can't find anything. I have no idea what this is or what is doing this (1st grow), it looked like catepillars when I was going threw my garden saver book, but at second look it really didn't...

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks Farm!

Help  what is doing this to my girls
Help  what is doing this to my girls 2
M

mdTHC420

if it wernt for the bite out of the fan leaf on the the left of the second pic id say it looks like a fim job that was kinda missed.

M

mpjm

If that is the case is there anything I can do? I looked them over and couldn't find anything...I did try and do the fim technique obviously I did something wrong?

M

mdTHC420

not really wrong, you just kinda missed missing and did it on to many leafs so you caught some larger fan leafs in the pinch and i guess messed them up. those leafs will stay messed up but the lower growth will stretch to make a more even canopy of the plant without a larger main cola. keep an eye out for pillers or other plant eating bugs cus im not sure about the leaf in the second pic, but nothing you can do to fix it and next time only squeeze off the top 2/3 of the smallest leafs and growth at the top. i usually leave the small 1-2 inch leaf alone and do the top .5 or so.

S

saltr

without any other evidence of pests, i definitely agree with mdTHC. i used to get fim results similar to this, just need to be a little less aggressive with the pinch. here's a graphic that i like to explain fim-ing, i edited the one that's all over the web to show that i actually try to only cut through the main stem and inner set of new fan leaves, leaving the outer set of new fan leaf growth intact.

otherwise, you're plants are looking quite good for your first grow. good luck!

Fim graphic
M

mdTHC420

exactly. peal the longer ones from the top down and only to the really small and fresh new growth in the middle. good illustration.

M

mpjm

Hey thanks! This is my 1st run so everything is a work in progress.

Thanks for the diagram saltr, the book I have definitely isn't as detailed!

Thanks md for the quick response, made me sleep a lot easier...

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
I think this is the same problem im having. I was trying like crazy to figure this out. I did FIM and I usually pay more attention when I do it but I was in a hurry. The only leaves that look this way are on the top of the plant and newer growth.Take a look and tell me if you think im having the same problem as mpjm.
DSCN2567
DSCN2568

DSCN2569
DSCN2570

DSCN2572
DSCN2573

DSCN2574

Thanks for any and all help.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
I've seen the leaf distortion before on my plants, everytime if i seen this occur they generally recover after a week. IMO its caused when theres some stress to the plants.

G81

M

mpjm

woody...that's exactly what my leafs look like, the rest of all plants are healthy, it's only the tops of the fim plants on my end...

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Same here mpjm. Glad I found this thread.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Wow I was noticing this the other day and thinking there were flyers nubbling on the plants. I have so many fly traps I find it hard to believe though and I have not seen any! Everyone sure its from fimming? I did the same on mine (fimming quickly) and I also have this issue on some leaves.

half baked

half baked

ive topped a few strawberry white and they did the exact same thing, i put it down to the fact that uve jus forced them little nodes to go for it thus stressing them a little, anyhow mine r lookin better than ever, peace hb

M

mdTHC420

seems like the one common idea going thru here is that almost everyone seeing these leafs has fimed. really 95% sure thats what it is now but always good to keep an eye on the ladies.

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
seems like the one common idea going thru here is that almost everyone seeing these leafs has fimed. really 95% sure thats what it is now but always good to keep an eye on the ladies.

Agreed!

U

Underground

subbing this in case I ever get the nads to start growing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom