[HELP] What is this pest?!

• Thread starter Urameshi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Urameshi

Urameshi

Hey Farmers, it's been awhile!

Can any of my fellow growmies help in identifying this pest? I thought they were Hemp Russet Mites but I shouldn't be able to see those right? What could they be? I've seen them throughout the garden and in my veg tent but some of those seedlings were in my flower tent for a couple weeks. I was supposed to flip to flower by Dec 7 but I saw these things around the 2nd. I use a mixture of Lost Coast Plant Therapy, Green Cleaner and a wettable Sulfur powder

These vids are how the girls look now after getting fried. Not flipping until I fix the issue/they recover.
Would beneficial insects like Lady Bugs help?
Using Buildasoil 3.0 primarily in the soil mix, I'm guessing they aren't rove beetle larvae
Didn't see these critters until after I added Buildasoil Topdress for flower because I was planning to flip the week after the topdress, added DTE Bat Guano, Bone Meal and Rose + Flower mix

my soil mix is mostly buildasoil 3.0 but about 8 of my containers have bio365s bioflower at the bottom of the fabric pots, also have a decent amount of worms in each pot, hopefully!

Help what is this pest
Help what is this pest 2
Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hey Farmers, it's been awhile!

Can any of my fellow growmies help in identifying this pest? I thought they were Hemp Russet Mites but I shouldn't be able to see those right? What could they be? I've seen them throughout the garden and in my veg tent but some of those seedlings were in my flower tent for a couple weeks. I was supposed to flip to flower by Dec 7 but I saw these things around the 2nd. I use a mixture of Lost Coast Plant Therapy, Green Cleaner and a wettable Sulfur powder

These vids are how the girls look now after getting fried. Not flipping until I fix the issue/they recover
Last 2 photos look like thrip eggs. I really cant give you advice on how to get rid of them because ive never dealt with them, but it does look like thrips.

Urameshi

Urameshi

Last 2 photos look like thrip eggs. I really cant give you advice on how to get rid of them because ive never dealt with them, but it does look like thrips.
I'm looking up more about thrips and how they appear wormlike in this stage and I think maybe youre right!
I thought I'd have to nuke the garden and start fresh, these should be easier to manage than the dreaded russet mites

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I'm looking up more about thrips and how they appear wormlike in this stage and I think maybe youre right!
I thought I'd have to nuke the garden and start fresh, these should be easier to manage than the dreaded russet mites
Yeah im pretty positive its thrips

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Good shit! Thanks

I'm actually glad theyre thrips and not russet mites
Yeah i just had a few spider mites, caught them before they got out of hand. Squashed all the ones i could visibly see, popped all the eggs, and then sprayed a half dose of pyganic on them 3 days in a row. Didnt go full strength because i didnt want to burn the hell out of my plants spraying daily.

H

hawkman

Go to Arbico.com this company is all about insects that affect your plants - great identifying pictures and also products for each !!!! GrowWeedEasy also has a plant insect guide + pictures------------- Happy Hunting !!!!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I like using a mild acetic acid solution for thrips, like Nuke 'Em, from Flying Skull -- or dilute some white vinegar. Use it every three days until they're gone. (Eggs take 3 days to hatch, and the spray doesn't kill the eggs.)

Urameshi

Urameshi

@Goodshit97
@hawkman
@mysticepipedon

Flipped on jan 1st, got the thrips count down before the flip, also added dry amendments, wiggle worm wormcastings and bio365 bioflower for top dress, the bio365 bioflower has diatomaceous earth so hoping that helps with any thrip eggs, will spray every 3-4 days with a mixture of 1 gal water, isopropyl, lost coast plant therapy, green cleaner and sulfur powder, I could add neem oil to this mix as they havent began budding yet but probably wont.

When I was doing the topdress/defoliation I noticed these little guys, are they soil mites? I'm thinking https://www.arbico-organics.com/product/Mite-Predator-Amblyseius-swirskii/thrips-control

The soil mix is Bio365 flower at the bottom of the 5 gallon pots then buildasoil 3.0 to the top and have added buildaflower topdress and down to earth rose & flower mix, bat guano, bone meal ... one of those 4 things gave me thrips as they werent noticed until after this topdress combo which then halted my original flip date of december 7th

I have about 1500 ladybugs in the fridge that i'm thinking about letting loose in the tents,

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

All i can say is dont use sulfur, neem, or iso in flower. It will trash your buds instantly.
Canada banned the use of neem oil as an insecticide in 2012, ill never use it, i like my pyganic and dr zymes.

Dr zymes is safe in flower supposedly.

Urameshi

Urameshi

yeah just the first week for sure then calming down the mix

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Check out mountain orangic botanical. One man operation, cares about this plant 💯. He’s got some stuff that’ll whomp the thrips.

Top Bottom