Help what is this?!!

• Thread starter Pookzdoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pookzdoe

So I’m fairly new to growing this will be my second grow. Unfortunately I’ve ran into something, I’m not too sure what it is?! I don’t want to misdiagnose the problem and mistreat it, so was hoping you guys could please help.

Help what is this
Help what is this 2
Help what is this 3
Help what is this 4
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Its a fungal growth which is common , like they say there’s a fungus amongst us, always, all it needs is the right conditions. But at further look it’s beneficial fungi, is this going to be hydro? Drain to waste? Or going to be transplanted into soil/coco? Some grow info would help.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
On rock wool use a perlite base tray with drain to secondary tray, this allows the water to drain through and not sit at base as roots will grow our looking for water but if it’s sitting directly on tray with say water , all sorts of weird happens as roots rot and fungi develop. Having a good base to drain will help avoid unnecessary headaches . And did you inoculate with any beneficials?

P

Pookzdoe

Its a fungal growth which is common , like they say there’s a fungus amongst us, always, all it needs is the right conditions. But at further look it’s beneficial fungi, is this going to be hydro? Drain to waste? Or going to be transplanted into soil/coco? Some grow info would help.

Thanks for the reply! I plan on using coco and I haven’t used any beneficials yet. I’m worried it’s root rot or mold. I got the clones from a reputable place on Monday, they looked much healthier, due to personal reasons they haven’t been able to be transplanted into coco until tomorrow. In the meantime I had them in a tray, they weren’t sitting in water, but the temps spiked into the 90s for 4days until i was able to get the air conditioner fixed humidity stayed 40-50%. They were eating 5oz daily, one plant has started to droop down a little bit and has stopped eating.

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thanks for the reply! I plan on using coco and I haven’t used any beneficials yet. I’m worried it’s root rot or mold. I got the clones from a reputable place on Monday, they looked much healthier, due to personal reasons they haven’t been able to be transplanted into coco until tomorrow. In the meantime I had them in a tray, they weren’t sitting in water, but the temps spiked into the 90s for 4days until i was able to get the air conditioner fixed humidity stayed 40-50%.
Transplant it soon I don’t think it’s going to be an issue but just in case make a 25% water hydrogen peroxide solution and dip the cubes in it for about 10 mins, rinse in good tap water and transplant, this will kill off fungi that is unknown. Add beneficials before transplant to coco and base of the cube

Latest posts

Top Bottom