Help What Is Wrong With My Girls

• Thread starter Rob 1985
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rob 1985

i was thinking nitrogen deficiency I’ve noticed these red spots on my leaves as well I’m thinking I should prolly flush so I’m going to give a couple days so that I can see that I didn’t overfeed thanks in advance

Help what is wrong with my girls
Help what is wrong with my girls 2
Help what is wrong with my girls 3
Help what is wrong with my girls 4
Help what is wrong with my girls 5
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Is there a possibility of pictures without the purple? Close up on leaves , top of the pot, soil level.
Some basics like genetics
Soil type
Nutes used
Age of plant

From just a overview, they look overwatered. Droopy leaves.
Also hint of mag def.
so better pics will help us help you mate

Last edited:
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The drooping leaves and compacted growth makes me think of overwatering, first. I'd water them thoroughly once, to flush down any excess nutes, and -cut- your feeding schedule going forward by 50%. Then start making sure that they get good and dry between waterings. Those plants, those pots, maybe every three days? Feed at most every other watering.

Overwatering, if that is what this is, hurts plants because it kills the root hairs. The plant can't take in nutrients as a result, and looks deficient. People then fertilize more, and kill the plant further with nute toxicity.

Less is more a lot in gardening.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The drooping leaves and compacted growth makes me think of overwatering, first. I'd water them thoroughly once, to flush down any excess nutes, and -cut- your feeding schedule going forward by 50%. Then start making sure that they get good and dry between waterings. Those plants, those pots, maybe every three days? Feed at most every other watering.

Overwatering, if that is what this is, hurts plants because it kills the root hairs. The plant can't take in nutrients as a result, and looks deficient. People then fertilize more, and kill the plant further with nute toxicity.

Less is more a lot in gardening.
Agreed 100%! Less is more!

R

Rob 1985

I’m using ffof mixed with happy frog and perlite I’ve been watering every 4 days 2tsp of cal mag 1and a half tsp of big bloom 1 and a half of grow big every other watering I water and I water on mon and usually feed on Friday......starting to look better today as I lifted netting up higher I was bending branches under net holding them down I don’t think the plants liked it so I’m going to let them grow into the netting first I flushed one last night and it looks a lot brighter green just looks over watered where I had to giv it 15 gallons of water

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I’m using ffof mixed with happy frog and perlite I’ve been watering every 4 days 2tsp of cal mag 1and a half tsp of big bloom 1 and a half of grow big every other watering I water and I water on mon and usually feed on Friday......starting to look better today as I lifted netting up higher I was bending branches under net holding them down I don’t think the plants liked it so I’m going to let them grow into the netting first I flushed one last night and it looks a lot brighter green just looks over watered where I had to giv it 15 gallons of water
2 tsp cal-mag per how much water? Where do you get the idea to feed as much of a trace nutrient as core nutrients? Absolutely no need to mix Happy Frog and Ocean Farms. Just pick one. Ocean farms is basically Happy Frog with some hotter manure-ish components.

I tried to read up on Big Bloom. I came across this tidbit of Fox Farms' page: "The nutrients we use in our organic products have a functional value that can’t be measured in a test tube. These ingredients don’t often register high NPK numbers; however, they do have a profound affect on plant life." What complete and utter bullshit. If they found something new about plant metabolism they should publish and collect their Nobel Prize. But I digress.

If you're using the above amounts per gallon, you're within the recommended chart, and less than max, which is good. If you're just pouring it on the soil and watering it in, who knows. I think you're probably way overdoing it on the cal-mag. Most tap water already has plenty. Its pretty interesting that flushing picked your plant up, suggests you're over feeding it.

After reading that web page, I'll never buy a Fox Farms fertilizer. That there is some lying bullshit. There is no nutrient whose effect cannot be measured. The mechanisms by which plants consume nutrients are and have been for many years known down to the molecular level.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good advice and info already posted.

I would simply make sure they are dried out real good then give them just fresh water. Not gallons of it. Just 20% runoff. They will be fine with the excess nutes built up in the soil for a bit. When they perk up and green up then re evaluate your feeding. No need for cal mag in buffered soil using complete nutes.

Once again

Once again

What are the temps in the tent? How far away are the lights and what is the humidity? I saw the temp/hum meter in the video but to far to read. Plus I would recommendthe meter should hang at the same level at the top of your plants.

Madbud

Madbud

2 tsp cal-mag per how much water? Where do you get the idea to feed as much of a trace nutrient as core nutrients? Absolutely no need to mix Happy Frog and Ocean Farms. Just pick one. Ocean farms is basically Happy Frog with some hotter manure-ish components.

I tried to read up on Big Bloom. I came across this tidbit of Fox Farms' page: "The nutrients we use in our organic products have a functional value that can’t be measured in a test tube. These ingredients don’t often register high NPK numbers; however, they do have a profound affect on plant life." What complete and utter bullshit. If they found something new about plant metabolism they should publish and collect their Nobel Prize. But I digress.

If you're using the above amounts per gallon, you're within the recommended chart, and less than max, which is good. If you're just pouring it on the soil and watering it in, who knows. I think you're probably way overdoing it on the cal-mag. Most tap water already has plenty. Its pretty interesting that flushing picked your plant up, suggests you're over feeding it.

After reading that web page, I'll never buy a Fox Farms fertilizer. That there is some lying bullshit. There is no nutrient whose effect cannot be measured. The mechanisms by which plants consume nutrients are and have been for many years known down to the molecular level.
Maybe ff is referring to the mycorrhizae.

R

Rob 1985

What are the temps in the tent? How far away are the lights and what is the humidity? I saw the temp/hum meter in the video but to far to read. Plus I would recommendthe meter should hang at the same level at the top of your plants.
77 degrees humidity 50 lights are about 20 to 24 inches above plants

Last edited:
R

Rob 1985

Good advice and info already posted.

I would simply make sure they are dried out real good then give them just fresh water. Not gallons of it. Just 20% runoff. They will be fine with the excess nutes built up in the soil for a bit. When they perk up and green up then re evaluate your feeding. No need for cal mag in buffered soil using complete nutes.
I figured I have to feed now cause I’m 13 weeks in veg

Top Bottom