Help! Whats The Diff Or Whats Better Than The Other?? Cob Cree 3950's Or Cxa?3070's

• Thread starter Ahimsa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

better to grow with 3070's or 3950's or

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Ahimsa

what is the difference from cobs 3950's or CXA 3070's i would love to know is the diy led on the site using a driver per cob? is that how its running im confused about drivers after googling them and looking at their wattage when i hear this diy is 200w driver with 4 cobs and then the driver looks nothing like what i see in the youtube video or pictures like for example on!!! the diy for led cobs from thc farmer its weird because i see a set up like a 3ft heat sink with a fan and 4 led cobs with a 200w driver bolted on here is the link

looks like this but with a driver mounted to the side
dsc07229a-jpg.415611

so why does the diy thats stapled on the farm led section have drivers that only run at 60 watts is it you put 4 together to make a 4 cob set up it seems like that on the stample DIY COB LED IT SHOWS THIS
dsc07187a-jpg.415595

A

Ahimsa

what are the 4 things in black sleeves that are all plastic wrapped are those the drivers ? and ones the goldish bronze colored honey comb box?? i really want to have a set up where i can set up my cobs and move them around run 11 or 12 and some uv lights and stuff and i wanted to be able to have a canopy that is even and adjust a few cobs when some of my plants canopy gets uneven and i really want to have a big set up like this really bad ijust need a little guidance and some knowledge i really am smart so i just need facts and more detailed like diagram or blue prints of the electrical or wiring for this kind of set up with the ability to have cobs on fans and long wires so you can hang them where you want and need and can use hid lights along with led lights and slowly go all led

B

bobby g

1. heatsinks can take on many flavors. the one on the top has enough mass that it requires little active cooling. the second pic has smaller heatsinks with fans blasting hard on them to remove the heat effectively

2. drivers can also take on many forms, go look at meanwell's site your head will spin with options. at the core were taking 110V AC and converting/regulating it to a DC voltage at a given current. that can be done with $5 in parts but $50 in parts gets you a more efficient unit and a fancy case

3. 3070 vs 3590 depends on one factor and that is cost. google "cree pct tool" and you can simulate 3590 vs 3070.

3070s are cheaper but you need more. both are current gen (assuming CXB not CXA3070) and are the best cree offers, just in different package sizes. 6 3070 may be cheaper and more effective than 4 3590s, etc.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

You can use a single driver MeanWell lHLG-185H-C-1400B dimmable led driver, or you can use four single undimmable Chinese led drivers. That is the difference in the two pictures. The first would be a kit with 4-CXB3590 3500K/5000K choose, with a single driver for a total output of 200w. The second is individual heat sinks with individual drivers. Average person doing diy prefer to get to 50w/sf in your grow space and choose the former of the two and purchase a kit from at least three to four currently available sellers. One even has a 5-CXB3590 with a 250w driver. peace

Top Bottom