Help! When should i swap to flowering?

• Thread starter WeedyChess
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WeedyChess

WeedyChess

Hi all,

First time posting, first time growing. I have a 2x2 tent with 4 plants in it(2 blue dream, 2 columbian jack. I feel it looks a bit overcrowded. They are 33 days old from seed and I use the soil protocol from fox farm( big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom). Does anyone have any recommendations for when I should change the photoperiod or how much higher they should grow? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Help when should i swap to flowering
Help when should i swap to flowering 2

Akabudz

Akabudz

Firstly I would straighten that light up 👍
I also grow in a 2x2,
I would say defoliate a little, take off very lower stems and leaf, and create some air flow and space for when you flip as they will go crazy 2 or so weeks after flip.

Akabudz

Akabudz

It may be angle you took pics but your light is not central and level with my eyes.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
Firstly I would straighten that light up 👍
I also grow in a 2x2,
I would say defoliate a little, take off very lower stems and leaf, and create some air flow and space for when you flip as they will go crazy 2 or so weeks after flip.
Agree!

growsince79

growsince79

Hi all,

First time posting, first time growing. I have a 2x2 tent with 4 plants in it(2 blue dream, 2 columbian jack. I feel it looks a bit overcrowded. They are 33 days old from seed and I use the soil protocol from fox farm( big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom). Does anyone have any recommendations for when I should change the photoperiod or how much higher they should grow? Any help is greatly appreciated!View attachment 1067459View attachment 1067460
Way too overcrowded. I'd take 2 out. My 2x2 fits 2 plants vegged 2 weeks. That's all.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Actually, these plants do look very healthy 👍 However with only 2 weeks in veg, I personally would, trim up the bottom to allow better air circulation under the canopy, top all 4 plants (make them clones), LST your lower branches out and FIM your nodes for 2 more weeks, and then flip them into flower and fill up that trellis (which isn't doing anything for your plants now). By doing this, you can greatly increase your overall yield in flower. 👍 Also, you might want to remove your biggest fans leaves to allow light down into your plant for those other bud sites to develop.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Way too overcrowded. I'd take 2 out. My 2x2 fits 2 plants vegged 2 weeks. That's all.
This ⬆️... you’re in for a treat during stretch. It may get a bit unmanageable. Flip ASAP and possibly follow his advice.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

This plant is in a 3 X 3, on its's 4th week of flower on a 10-12wk genetic, and I only had in veg for just over 4.5 weeks. I topped it 2 weeks into veg and brought down the lower branches and tied them to the side of the pot (LST) and allowed light down to create upward growth of nodes along each of those LST branches. Though I should have FIMed and created more bud sights on each node, I then waited 2 .5 weeks and flipped into flower. I removed the tie straps from the branches and then pulled apart the branches under the SCROG to keep the plant apart.

Top Bottom