Help! White stuff on roots in dwc! What is it and how do I fix it?

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I’ve never seen a colony grow on roots that was not put there by the grower but anything is possible.
I’m not saying it is, I’m just saying it looks like hairs from the roots not a colony of something. She’s still chugging along nicely and no issues yet. In the home stretch now with about 2 weeks left before chop.

D22D879F 9713 46CB B7E3 5B0325B06960
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I was replying to @smokedareefer

I’m no authority on this subject of visually identifying colonies. My statements were about how did they get in the system if they are beneficial fungi if you didn’t specifically put them there. I’ve never heard of spontaneous growth like that but willing to learn.

I think your plant looks great either way glad you are going to have a good harvest.

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I’m no authority on this subject of visually identifying colonies. My statements were about how did they get in the system if they are beneficial fungi if you didn’t specifically put them there. I’ve never heard of spontaneous growth like that but willing to learn.

I think your plant looks great either way glad you are going to have a good harvest.
Ah I gotcha. Thank you! I’m still perplexed as to what’s going on in the roots but as long as she finishes okay I’ll be happy. Next grow I’ll have to do more frequent h2o2 cleansing of the roots, maybe every time I change the water just to be sure. Because I don’t have the space for a water cooler, or the desire to buy one, but I think the hydroguard and hygrozyme did their job in this case. And I’ll have to keep a closer eye on roots next grow. Thanks for the advice and knowledge!!

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I have a feeling it’s because my water may be warm. I don’t have room for a chiller. Should I use a frozen water bottle or would that shock and kill my plant? Do I need to spray the roots with anything? Or cut out the affected roots? Any help would be appreciated.

I’m about 35 days into flower and had absolutely no idea this was happening. I check the roots daily and this stuff was on the side facing the wall so I didn’t notice it until today. I found a small piece of dried leaf that fell into the bucket, maybe that’s what started it?
Maybe filter your water if you're that concerned but by the pic it seems ok,maybe just bits of roots/plant waste etc that have broken off

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'll add this to my list of todos - post pics from start to finish of roots with colonies developing both visually and under the microscope. At least I can show you how I think it is supposed to look.

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Maybe filter your water if you're that concerned but by the pic it seems ok,maybe just bits of roots/plant waste etc that have broken off
Yeah I’ve had an issue with little bits of dry leaves falling into the rez because I try to get everything when I lollipop but the leftover tiny leaves can crisp up and crumble into very small pieces. I think I need to maybe lay a piece of black tshirt fabric like a skirt over the top of the bucket while it grows so that I can catch any of those falling pieces on there. Notes for next time.

D

Diverge

I don't mean to necropost, but I just wanted to say that I also have a spontaneous growth of mycorrhizae on my roots. The fuzzy little hairs just like the picks posted, then some tiny clumps of white stuff that easily falls off if I touch it with my finger. I've only ever put hydroguard, hygrozyme, nutrients, and RO water in my res.

My plant is also growing rapidly.... in about 40 days from seed popping I have a 3 feet x 2.5-3 feet wide auto flower. I have some pictures of it on my roots, but they aren't good, since it's hard to get a good picture via the bucket top door.

Latest posts

Top Bottom