Help why are the buds like this

• Thread starter Wildnstoned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wildnstoned

Wildnstoned

I went out side to look at my girls and I found 3 Dirffrent buds on same plant dried out any ideas on what why and the fix. I'm in 5th week of flowering I believe.
Help why are the buds like this
Help why are the buds like this 2
Help why are the buds like this 3

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Ok what would you do we did find a catapillar
Search every part of the plant for more, pick them off, and squish them. They would get me when I grew outdoors as well. I just checked my plants twice a day for them and put out a bug zapper that would draw the moths that lay the eggs away and kill them.
Look for leaves that look odd, rolling up, folding, anything out of place. They like ganja leaves for eating and making cocoons. I think they kill flowers because they'll get stuck in resin and die so they kill it to stop the resin.

G

Godfthrfarm

Once you have them in one nug it will only take a couple days b4 it has destroyed your entire garden ..well mostly your tops will be gone..so take them down if plant is far enough along otherwise all u can do is try to kill and watch for them..goodluck

TerriR

TerriR

I just sprayed mine last night with BT (the kind for caterpillars). BT is a bacteria that melts their stomachs so they starve to death..ok by me. BT only affects caterpillars. I will have to fight them now til harvest. See my little friend?

60554A75 3694 4FB3 A8C9 D40172C33BEF
G

Godfthrfarm

I just sprayed mine last night with BT (the kind for caterpillars). BT is a bacteria that melts their stomachs so they starve to death..ok by me. BT only affects caterpillars. I will have to fight them now til harvest. See my little friend?
He is such a sneaky lil shit...blending in there in that beautiful nug..dam dry glad u got with his program..I never new u could fight those bastards so thanks for the info..

J

Jbonesrubs

Awesome buds!

TerriR

TerriR

Spray with BTi and hurry, I've seen the moth larva destroy all the colas on multiple plants in a week!
Not Bti - that kind kills mosquitoes...you have to get Btk (Bt kurstaki) - check the ingredients, it says Bt - kurstaki. I will probably have to spray every 4 days for the next 3 weeks...I greatly object to worm poop in my medibles!🐛

teejacks

teejacks

BTK works like a charm. I had one plant completely infested with caterpillars during veg on almost all tops. Manually removed what a could and sprayed just before sun went down. the next week the plant was back in full flight

Rooke

Rooke

BTK works like a charm. I had one plant completely infested with caterpillars during veg on almost all tops. Manually removed what a could and sprayed just before sun went down. the next week the plant was back in full flight
Hey is it fine to use during flowering ?

TerriR

TerriR

Hey is it fine to use during flowering ?
everything I can find says it is organic, non-toxic and does not require a safety period. Officially, nothing is FDA approved (USA) because cannabis is illegal federally so no studies are done. Somebody please correct me if you have info to add here...always learning!

teejacks

teejacks

everything I can find says it is organic, non-toxic and does not require a safety period. Officially, nothing is FDA approved (USA) because cannabis is illegal federally so no studies are done. Somebody please correct me if you have info to add here...always learning!

I agree. Its seems pretty fine. I just cut what their instructions are for mixing in half unless there is a real problem. I have heard it might leave a weird taste and there is one potentially harmful ingredient. I'll probably stop in the last two or three weeks and manually hunt instead

TerriR

TerriR

I agree. Its seems pretty fine. I just cut what their instructions are for mixing in half unless there is a real problem. I have heard it might leave a weird taste and there is one potentially harmful ingredient. I'll probably stop in the last two or three weeks and manually hunt instead
I do not like spraying anything, tbh, so my mission is to build a screen house for next year.

I

ironmill

The use of insecticides is problematic for this situation for at least two reasons. One is that the larvae are present for only a brief period on the outside of the plant where they would be exposed. This occurs during the first few days, probably a week at most, after eggs hatch when the very young caterpillars feed on the leaves. After this point they tunnel into the plant and are inaccessible to treatment. Insecticide options are very limited for hemp and only consist of insecticides that are considered to be allowable by the state Department of Agriculture. (Presently, issues involving Adult of the Eurasian hemp borer. pesticide use on hemp are handled individually by states, or not at all.) In Colorado, the list of allowable pesticides includes several formulations of Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki (Deliver, Dipel, Javelin, Thuricide, etc.) that could kill young larvae feeding on the exterior of the plant.

TerriR

TerriR

The use of insecticides is problematic for this situation for at least two reasons. One is that the larvae are present for only a brief period on the outside of the plant where they would be exposed. This occurs during the first few days, probably a week at most, after eggs hatch when the very young caterpillars feed on the leaves. After this point they tunnel into the plant and are inaccessible to treatment. Insecticide options are very limited for hemp and only consist of insecticides that are considered to be allowable by the state Department of Agriculture. (Presently, issues involving Adult of the Eurasian hemp borer. pesticide use on hemp are handled individually by states, or not at all.) In Colorado, the list of allowable pesticides includes several formulations of Bacillus thuringiensis var. kurstaki (Deliver, Dipel, Javelin, Thuricide, etc.) that could kill young larvae feeding on the exterior of the plant.
Those borer varieties are going to be a battle...as you said...once they tunnel into the stems. They can overwinter there, so maybe good practice to start burning all cannabis stalks, etc. I have not personally seen those yet, but Colorado is up the road so it won’t be long. For me, I have the ones who munch in and cause the bud to get all brown and rotten (like the pic at the top).

I

ironmill

Those borer varieties are going to be a battle...as you said...once they tunnel into the stems. They can overwinter there, so maybe good practice to start burning all cannabis stalks, etc. I have not personally seen those yet, but Colorado is up the road so it won’t be long. For me, I have the ones who munch in and cause the bud to get all brown and rotten (like the pic at the top).
Borers are in Oklahoma and are a problem- I use BTK a lot thru growth of plants and does a good job on exterior plant but I refuse to spray on sticky buds- have used preying mantis and many other things to control pests outdoors. Indoor grows will spoil a person- ha- anyways good luck on your grow- btw borers turn the bud black/brown but enters thru the stalk and it is a pinhole and works there way up into the bud thru stem...and that were you find some- in middle of black/brown bud mass. Borers have 3 exterior phases early-mid-final stages- BTK will kill all types exterior caterpillars - so if you have just caterpillars on exterior BTK will do it- if you still keep on getting the black or brown buds you have borers in my opinion -but I wish you the best.

20190612 100607
Top Bottom