Help! Wierd Spots - Manganese?

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Please take a look at the spots in the photo below. I've reviewed the infirmary docs and the closest I can find is a manganese deficiency. Check out my diary (in my sig) for the details of my grow. Excuse the cross-post. Let me know what you think. THANKS!

outwest

Sick sfjpg
Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

pH imbalance, by the color. What do you pH your water to?

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Where was that leaf located on the plant? Under the canopy, out of direct light?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
These all seems to be on upper leaves. Only one strain effected. Lots more pics in my diary. Thanks!!

outwest

lazarus718

lazarus718

Looks like either calcium or boron deficiency to me...would have to know your feeding schedule, medium, etc. I'm not going to click on your sig to link to another thread bro, I'm a stoner.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Here are the details of my grow:

For this round I've upgraded my light to a Growzilla. I'm using an 600w Ushio MH conversion with the phantom ballast set at 100% and a 600w Horti HPS eye with the phantom ballast set to 75%. When I head into bloom I'll probably reverse those. By not running both at 100% it actually keeps the heat down a few degrees.

This is contained in a 4x4 grow hut. Two 6" active air fans are in use, one for the light, and one pulling air through a filter at the top of the hut. Air comes in through an opening in the bottom and exhausted through the top.

Ambient temps are at about a consistent 77f and humidity at about 55%. Ambietn lights out temp is about 70f.

For veg I'm using Pura Vida Grow, Floralicious+, CalMag+, & Hygrozyme. For flower I switch to Pura Vida Bloom, Floralicious+, CalMag+, & BioBud. I'm also using Compost Tea occasionally both feeding and foliar, and Bloom Chaos Foliar. My schedule has me feeding the hygro/myko for first 6-10 days, the starting with nutes at 1/4 strength then 1/2 strength then full strength.

Currently I'm at the Hygro/Myko stage with 3ml/1tsp per gal respectively. I've added compost tea into the mix as well. I've switched the lights to 18-6 2 days after transplanting, not sure if that was too soon.

For a pest regimen I'm alternating spinosad and azatrol once a week each. I'm giving an occasional distilled water spray as well. I've never had any PM problems hopefully due to decent air exchange.

Lastly, I have 2 of those exhale breathe bags hanging above the canopy (but not directly above in case they fall!), and two small fans inside the tent circulating air.

I think that covers everything!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks, Crippled Archer. I think it Potassium or Manganese, other plants definitely had N deficiency, so I think it was pH based nute lockout. Anyone?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Well it looks like you are using the Calmag, are you able to pH your water? If it is acidic the calcium won't be absorbed as readily. It could be a Mn deficiency like you guys are thinking as well, is the spotting occurring only on younger leaves?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks, Lazarus. Yes, this is happening to upper (younger leaves). The leaves that it started on are now mostly toast, but overall the plant seems OK. I did two flushings with a compost tea and will resume feeding at half strength next time. Oddly this is only happening to the DRO.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I think that my ACT drenches stabilized things and stopped the bleeding. I'll start feeding again tomorrow at half strength. Thanks for the tips.

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom