Help! Wilting Bottom Leaves. Slow Growth

• Thread starter hj171231
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hj171231

hj171231

So I’ve been working on this grow for over a month now and still seems small. Just now started to smell a bit dank, but is having issues with leaves wilting and getting a burnt crispy look to them at the bottom. Tried adding lemon juice to water to lower PH, and also flush the soil because I was sure it was either too much nutrients or PH too high. Also should add, I’m using the Bloomspect 300w LED. Any idea what my problem is.

Symptoms:
-burnt, yellow, crisp leaves from bottom
-slow growth

Also should prob add that I’m putting it in the sun during the day (10 hours) and then indoors under the LED (6-7 hours). And repeat each day. and Temps range from 68-87.

Help wilting bottom leaves slow growth
Help wilting bottom leaves slow growth 2
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Over watered , ph problems let it dry out a bit , what are you using as growing medium?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Organic potting soil that I bought from Walmart. Came with some fertilizer in it.
Ok the Nutes in potting may be a bit hot , I would flush with ph correct water till 20 % run off let dry out a few days , if you lift the pot and it’s heavy it’s still ok to leave water when the pot gets light .

hj171231

hj171231

Ok the Nutes in potting may be a bit hot , I would flush with ph correct water till 20 % run off let dry out a few days , if you lift the pot and it’s heavy it’s still ok to leave water when the pot gets light .
Awesome! Thanks man!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Ditto on what @One drop said. Your plant should be way bigger by now. Are you using any nutes? Does it get strong direct sunlight or thru a window? The medium does sort of look heavy and with poor drainage. I use something called Promix, but there are many other brands out there that will give you good drainage, and you can decide if you want one that has nutes built in, like Fox Farms stuff, or without anything, leaving you to decide what to feed. Is your light actual 300 watt (at the wall) or a 300 watt equivalent, which is how they often sell things? It should say how many actual watts it draws... it really looks like it could use more light.
I would recommend getting a Ph and PPM meter to give you a real idea of your conditions instead of guessing. If there are a lot of nutes inthe soil, it is often acidic. Lemon juice will simply make it even more acidic nd lock out most of your nutrients. As small as it still is, I would consider transplanting it into something more favorable and with better drainage. You could probably get the entire root ball in one hand and plop it into a new home with good drainage... watch it take off!

hj171231

hj171231

Ditto on what @One drop said. Your plant should be way bigger by now. Are you using any nutes? Does it get strong direct sunlight or thru a window? The medium does sort of look heavy and with poor drainage. I use something called Promix, but there are many other brands out there that will give you good drainage, and you can decide if you want one that has nutes built in, like Fox Farms stuff, or without anything, leaving you to decide what to feed. Is your light actual 300 watt (at the wall) or a 300 watt equivalent, which is how they often sell things? It should say how many actual watts it draws... it really looks like it could use more light.
I would recommend getting a Ph and PPM meter to give you a real idea of your conditions instead of guessing. If there are a lot of nutes inthe soil, it is often acidic. Lemon juice will simply make it even more acidic nd lock out most of your nutrients. As small as it still is, I would consider transplanting it into something more favorable and with better drainage. You could probably get the entire root ball in one hand and plop it into a new home with good drainage... watch it take off!
Awesome! Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom