Help With Aphids

• Thread starter Mr rancheiro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr rancheiro

All of a sudden I got this fuckers all over my flower room. Please help Identifying what kind of aphid those are. And recommended solutions to kill them. i am on week 6 of flower and already tried Azamax and Exterminator. I feel that I killed a bunch but there are still a bunch of those alive. Please help.

Help with aphids
Help with aphids 2
Help with aphids 3
Help with aphids 4
Help with aphids 5
Help with aphids 6
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
These don't look like aphids, they look like fungus gnats. I can't help you, even using nematodes I am failing in my battle with these little fucks.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Although, looking better at those pictures, you actually have both. Pull your plant out of the pot and check the roots. Keep either first inch or two of yoir soil dry or create a phisical barrier between the flying critters and the soil, to get rid of gnats. Use caps bennies as a drench and foliar to get both under control.

M

Mr rancheiro

You got to cannabis infirmary but didn't bother to read on the first page of this thread?

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ungus-gnats-and-other-fun-bugs-id-pics.55071/

I did see that page but I dont think I have Root Aphids. I did a intensive search around and haven't really found any type of Aphid exactly like the ones I have. Also I havent seen any of those eating my roots. they usually go around the buds and put some eggs there then die stuck in the resin.

M

Mr rancheiro

Although, looking better at those pictures, you actually have both. Pull your plant out of the pot and check the roots. Keep either first inch or two of yoir soil dry or create a phisical barrier between the flying critters and the soil, to get rid of gnats. Use caps bennies as a drench and foliar to get both under control.

I dont really care about the gnats as it is almost impossible to kill completely those fuckers. But I am using the caps tea right now and just bought lady bugs. They are coming next week.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I did see that page but I dont think I have Root Aphids. I did a intensive search around and haven't really found any type of Aphid exactly like the ones I have. Also I havent seen any of those eating my roots. they usually go around the buds and put some eggs there then die stuck in the resin.
The only other aphid I know of, besides a root aphid, that flies and I have experience with are cabbage aphids. They also go through a flyer stage.

My experience with RAs says that you'd have been posting asking about mysterious deficiencies before saying you're being inundated with aphids, but the sticky card isn't where other soft-bodied aphids are going to end up. If these bugs are laying eggs up in the canopy, I don't believe they're RAs. That said, cabbage aphids are just as bad, IME (on stuff like broccoli and cauliflower, never seen 'em infest cannabis).

monkeymun

monkeymun

These don't look like aphids, they look like fungus gnats. I can't help you, even using nematodes I am failing in my battle with these little fucks.
Really, you still can't knock them off even with nematodes? Are you applying twice to break the egg cycle? Also, if you have a reeeeeeally sharp eye (or magnifying glass) the little guys should be alive an wriggling. Ive had dead batches turn up. e.g. they dont come to life when placed in water

The other thing is, assuming tis for indoors, maybe your constantly introducing new stock from the air inlet?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, really. I've applied the 'todes several times and on the fourth Tx I opened up the box and was hit in the face with hundreds of them. It is inside, but also for outside because it's been warm so I'd like to be able to Tx outside, since the FGs are definitely there, too. I've just ordered Gnatrol WDG, I think it's something I haven't yet tried (nor have I tried peppermint essential oil). I should have started a list of all the things I've tried to control these things.

Top Bottom