Help with burnt edges please

• Thread starter Newbgrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Hey guys so a quick summary. I started a bubba cheesecake seed in the end Oct. in a small plastic cup(9 oz).I waited till I saw roots in the drain holes and transplanted to a 3ga fabric pot with 75% ff hf and 25% coco Pete perlite mix. Last week I was away all week and didn’t water on schedule and humidity dropped pretty low. 30-40%. When I got home last Friday the plant looked fine so I watered and started lst. Now today I get home from work and I have a few leaves getting white on the edges and tips. My light is set give me 23 dli as I’m on day 11 of veg. I’m using a sf1000 and an Amazon light 110w. Am I to close with my lights? Or can it be something else. I havnt given any nutes yet just well water. It was doing so good until today. Below is a pic of the plant and the dli schedule I am using any and all help is greatly appreciated.
7E07F694-1054-4AE3-B75D-AB0D3EA47502.jpeg
14C859FA-C8BA-4899-9AD1-872F79DBC6FE.png

T

Titleist

A lot of things happen when the humidity drops down that far in veg. Curling or bleached serrations are one outcome. So long as your humidity is back up now and the DLI is correct for veg (18 hours vs 12) you should be fine. I've made that mistake before using photone, forgetting to change back to 18 hours before taking a reading. Something I'd keep an eye on is pale color on older leaves. There are a couple older leaves and that lower one as well that seem a bit pale. So long as it's explosive growth pale you're golden. It doesn't look like anything to worry about but if you notice it doesn't green up more with time it's something to look at. In that pic it does appear it's mostly blooming out from the petiole so that's a good sign.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

A lot of things happen when the humidity drops down that far in veg. Curling or bleached serrations are one outcome. So long as your humidity is back up now and the DLI is correct for veg (18 hours vs 12) you should be fine. I've made that mistake before using photone, forgetting to change back to 18 hours before taking a reading. Something I'd keep an eye on is pale color on older leaves. There are a couple older leaves and that lower one as well that seem a bit pale. So long as it's explosive growth pale you're golden. It doesn't look like anything to worry about but if you notice it doesn't green up more with time it's something to look at. In that pic it does appear it's mostly blooming out from the petiole so that's a good sign.
Thanks it definitely is still growing good. And I was a little confused because there are a couple leaves that are closer to the light that aren’t effected. If it was the humidity does it make sense that it showed up today? I had good humidity since Friday.
What are you using to setup you DLI?
a lux reader and converting

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Today it kinda looks like the white spots are turning a rusty color. It doesn’t look much worse then yesterday but I’m still not liking it.
8D2AEB14 0998 442A 8753 85486C1D22C8
4F746C93 1779 49C0 807F B7B8341A250A
A96058EC 07BE 4625 8AA3 568C0C5D87A6

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I raised my light to bring me to 19.5 dli just in case that’s the issue.

Toscano

Toscano

Well, I have four plants in my tent at this moment. And every new grow also comes out with white-yellowish tips.
I'm growing four White Widows (indica/sativa hybrid).
As the leafs keep growing, most white tips disappear, then the leafs get all green.
But some of those leafs (i'd say about 4% or 5% of them) stay that way, like yours.

Maybe a genetic thing, maybe a lighting thing, who knows.
All I can say is I decided not to worry, and the plants are growing healthy looking, with lots of good foliage.

But do start adding some proper fertiliser, otherwise you'll see more of that happening (nitrogen deficiency).

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

From the looks of her, I would say she’s a bit hungry for P and K. Light intensity may also play a role, either through burn or by increasing your plants P and K (especially P) needs even in veg. The leaves curling down like they are along with the shade they are looks to me like they want more phosphorus. The damage to the leaf edges along with the tips starting to curl up like they are make her look like she wants potassium too. Either way, reducing the light intensity should help. You may also consider increasing her P & K. Glad to see her moving in the right direction. You may already have her back on track or close to it. Cheers

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

From the looks of her, I would say she’s a bit hungry for P and K. Light intensity may also play a role, either through burn or by increasing your plants P and K (especially P) needs even in veg. The leaves curling down like they are along with the shade they are looks to me like they want more phosphorus. The damage to the leaf edges along with the tips starting to curl up like they are make her look like she wants potassium too. Either way, reducing the light intensity should help. You may also consider increasing her P & K. Glad to see her moving in the right direction. You may already have her back on track or close to it. Cheers
Thanks man. I just transplanted to a 3 ga. Pot less than two weeks ago so I wasn’t thinking about nutes really. Thought the soil would still have a enough. I’ll try a light feeding on next watering which should be friday.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Well, I have four plants in my tent at this moment. And every new grow also comes out with white-yellowish tips.
I'm growing four White Widows (indica/sativa hybrid).
As the leafs keep growing, most white tips disappear, then the leafs get all green.
But some of those leafs (i'd say about 4% or 5% of them) stay that way, like yours.

Maybe a genetic thing, maybe a lighting thing, who knows.
All I can say is I decided not to worry, and the plants are growing healthy looking, with lots of good foliage.

But do start adding some proper fertiliser, otherwise you'll see more of that happening (nitrogen deficiency).
Thanks I just transplanted 2 weeks ago to a 3 ga. Pot so I thought the nutes were good for a few weeks. I’m going to give a light feeding next watering. Appreciate the help.

T

Titleist

Leaves don't recover from light stress if it's showing on the leaf. Once you start seeing the damage ie. light spots on leaves or serrations etc. that spot will not recover. The leaf might survive but that light green spot will eventually turn the color of dead. It may show other colors in the area due to chemical makeup in the leaf at the time the spot died.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Leaves don't recover from light stress if it's showing on the leaf. Once you start seeing the damage ie. light spots on leaves or serrations etc. that spot will not recover. The leaf might survive but that light green spot will eventually turn the color of dead. It may show other colors in the area due to chemical makeup in the leaf at the time the spot died.
I wasn’t really expecting them to recover I’m just trying to figure out what’s causing it so it doesn’t spread. And I’m noticing it on other leaves now. I don’t think it’s light or watering or humidity so my only thought at this point is nutes. But I just transplanted it 2 weeks ago. I thought the soil would have had enough nutes for 3 weeks. Idk I’m gonna try nutes on Friday and see what happens. It’s still growing fine and fast but something is up.

Top Bottom