Help with choosing lights for my 1st tent!

• Thread starter dannypee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dannypee

Hi all,
Just about to order a DR240 in the next few days and am trying to put abit of a shopping list together.
Could anyone enlighten me what work best, Im thinking of 2x 600w hps, 2x 600w mh lights all air coolled placed across from each other.
Would this be a good idea for the best of both? or 2x 1000w what type of light though?
appreciate your info Danny

G

Green-Girl

I would say 2 1000 hps in bloom + 1 400 mh for veg = 2400 watts. I don't know what the advantage is of using mh in bloom.

M

MASSES 420KING

4 600s all day they can be placed closer and i would use a grid style light set up meaning hps,metal halide
metal halide,hps
that would rock out your area and give a very close representation of the sun

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
4 air cooled 600w would be pretty sweet in there.

D

dannypee

Thanks for the replys,
If im going to a/c the lights would if be better to have maybe 2 separate 6" fans, or one bigger intake like a 8 or 10" Fan and split the ducting??
Ventilation ive worked out that i need a intake fan for air exchange no less than 230m2 per hr, is it better to have two separate intakes across from the carbon filter? also the exhaust on the carbon filter does it have to be slightly less than the intakes?
Am i on the rights lines or not? anyone have a similar tent with simailar setup?

M

MASSES 420KING

its always better to use more then one venting source as long as you can contain the smell regardless of it being a closed vented light or not

beezleb878

beezleb878

I dont recommend running the filter with the lights as the lights get dirty.

I would run each light set with its own intake and outlet and the the filter run separate.

D

dannypee

So im going to have 2x 6" fans for the lights from a open window into the loft, 2x 6" as intakes at the bottom of the tent from the window again. The rhino carbon filter at the top on its own with a fan thats just abit less powerful than the two 6" intakes straight into the loft again? Hope its abit clearer what i meant , do you guys have have a bigger c/f than you actually need, cant be a bad idea? Cheers dan

W

waverunner_21

i would slam 2 double cooltubes in there,
these ones

and have it so each one is drawing air from the out side of the tent and the expelling it back out, so it would keep the temps way down and also you wouldnt need to filter them on the outtake as none of the air would be circulating inside the tent. Then i would have one box fan drawing air from the top of the tent, hooked up to a big ass filter. And a nice oscillating wall fan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom