Help with clones wrinkles and 3 fingered leaves

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Hey guys. Wondering what i'm doing wrong. My clones are growing well. Some leaves are wrinkled and one strain has 3 fingered leaves. Temp 70-75..humidity 55-65...They are about a month old i'd say. I have a small T5 light that barely covers them and i'm curious if it's the light? I don't have pics but could get some later

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

1 and 3 fingered leaves are a sign of stress or of revegging. Unless the clones were taken from a plant that was just starting to flower it’s some sort of stress. Could be lighting, environment or watering/ feeding practices. Pics could help

2Bad

2Bad

1 and 3 fingered leaves are a sign of stress or of revegging. Unless the clones were taken from a plant that was just starting to flower it’s some sort of stress. Could be lighting, environment or watering/ feeding practices. Pics could help
OOoo I forgot to mention its coco/perlite.. watered once a day to runoff.. GH trio. color of leaves look fine...some wrinkles and 3 fingers..i'll get pics late tonight. The light is very small.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I’m not a coco guy but I think you’re supposed to water/feed a couple times a day or more. Too much dry back causes salt build up. Maybe a coco person will chime in

2Bad

2Bad

I’m not a coco guy but I think you’re supposed to water/feed a couple times a day or more. Too much dry back causes salt build up. Maybe a coco person will chime in
I've been doing coco 18 months whenever my plants are under stronger light there's no issues. I water whenever they get to 20-30% moisture content. But when working with small mothers I water them everyday either way.

2Bad

2Bad

These girls haven't improved that much. Lowered the cal-mag...getting fed 2 times a day.. @MIGrampaUSA i'm starting to lean towards it's the T5..maybe not enough light?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

These girls haven't improved that much. Lowered the cal-mag...getting fed 2 times a day.. @MIGrampaUSA i'm starting to lean towards it's the T5..maybe not enough light?
I'm thinking its quite possible.

I haven't used florescent style lighting since the 80's ... and to me, a T5 is nothing more than a glorified florescent light.

For veg, consider something like this ....

https://www.amazon.com/Onlylux-Lume...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

In most cases, people usually don't need more light. They simply need to learn how to better use the lighting they have. Yours is probably the exception and an inexpensive upgrade would likely pay you a huge benefit.

You don't necessarily need a 10 pack. A few is all you need. They also can be found in 2' and 4' lengths which makes fitting your space rather easy. They zip-tie to anything from tent posts to pegboard so you can arrange them pretty much as you see fit.

For veg, look for cooler color temps like 5000k, 6000k, or even 6500k. Your plants with adequate lighting should progress from 3 fingers to 5 fingers and so on. Outside in natural light, fan leaves can get quite large!

2Bad

2Bad

I'm thinking its quite possible.

I haven't used florescent style lighting since the 80's ... and to me, a T5 is nothing more than a glorified florescent light.

For veg, consider something like this ....

https://www.amazon.com/Onlylux-Lumens-Fixture-Workshop-Linkable/dp/B08R9Y4TF4/ref=sxin_15_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.f0c5ad8f-c1b9-48f0-8868-482b84b2d5eb:amzn1.sym.f0c5ad8f-c1b9-48f0-8868-482b84b2d5eb&crid=X79FWUM6JVZO&cv_ct_cx=T-8+led+shop+light&keywords=T-8+led+shop+light&pd_rd_i=B08R9Y4TF4&pd_rd_r=d6435953-0fa7-44a9-9a9b-b2fe93ae9190&pd_rd_w=d8ow8&pd_rd_wg=HvbJd&pf_rd_p=f0c5ad8f-c1b9-48f0-8868-482b84b2d5eb&pf_rd_r=97JJJV8NPF31B649PQ7S&qid=1675804544&sprefix=t-8+led+shop+light,aps,245&sr=1-3-a73d1c8c-2fd2-4f19-aa41-2df022bcb241-spons&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.d977788f-1483-4f76-90a3-786e4cdc8f10&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQ0pIN0pZRVpEQ0ZUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjExOTQyM1RWUzEyT1hMRThVSSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODU3MTIyMldaNEpMVTVJOUlYNCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3NlYXJjaF90aGVtYXRpYyZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

In most cases, people usually don't need more light. They simply need to learn how to better use the lighting they have. Yours is probably the exception and an inexpensive upgrade would likely pay you a huge benefit.

You don't necessarily need a 10 pack. A few is all you need. They also can be found in 2' and 4' lengths which makes fitting your space rather easy. They zip-tie to anything from tent posts to pegboard so you can arrange them pretty much as you see fit.

For veg, look for cooler color temps like 5000k, 6000k, or even 6500k. Your plants with adequate lighting should progress from 3 fingers to 5 fingers and so on. Outside in natural light, fan leaves can get quite large!
That's what i'm sayin! thank you! I need to find a cheap upgrade . Do you think this situation i'm in is causing any permanent damage? Or just temporary?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That's what i'm sayin! thank you! I need to find a cheap upgrade . Do you think this situation i'm in is causing any permanent damage? Or just temporary?

Here's a better link. It shows 3', 4' and 8' lengths. I'm not pitching a brand name. I'm pitching a style of light that is easy to work with that can be had on a budget. This link is for a 6 pack.

@2Bad no, I think you're slowing down growth but using the t5 is not harming things. More light would help.

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

Highly unlikely Dude give these novice growers some sound advice ! You know what ur doing so quit giving illicit or complicated advice - here again no way you have enuff info to determine boron!
Mosh wat was the other dudes name from a month or 2 back lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thank you. Appreciate you confirming my theory. I'll do some deep diving after work.
Depending on the size of your space and the number of plants, a 2', 3' or 4' set of 6 should be perfect to right the ship. Here's a picture of what I've done in my cloning area. I've got 2' and 4' sizes in there. As you see in this picture, I'm only using 1 light to root the clones. The rest get turned on gradually as the plants grow larger. A six pack of the size that fits best could be used through out the whole vegetative growth because you can turn them on as you need them.

Clones

2Bad

2Bad

@Moshmen I think Zill Ken and Trixie are all the same person...

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What about heat/safety. I'm always nervous when I leave my house.
They do produce some heat but you can hold them in your hands on the mounting surface side all day long without burning yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if your single T5 lamp puts off more heat than one of these t8 LED style shop lights.

Edit: I just put my hand on the clear tube side that these LEDs reflect through. The light has been on all day. Its comfortable to the touch. I think you'd be comfortable with the heat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom