Help with clones wrinkles and 3 fingered leaves

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

They do produce some heat but you can hold them in your hands on the mounting surface side all day long without burning yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if your single T5 lamp puts off more heat than one of these t8 LED style shop lights.
Yeah i'm always nervous the flu lightbulb is gonna fall out

Moshmen

Moshmen

Mosh wat was the other dudes name from a month or 2 back lol
Sorry bro I can’t remember ! Smoke to much, been hit in head a few times, and there’s lots of dudes like that. Sorry

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oh you been f following along bout the same shitty info
Actually, I know for a fact one of the guys/gals mentioned above is legit. He holds a pH'd in botany. I've had discussions in DM involving photosynthesis and many other topics. He's spot on about plant botany/morphology in general. What he's not up to speed on is how it all applies to cannabis. We've worked together to broaden our knowledge in those areas.

So no, one of them is not the other 2. One of them actually has plenty to share that is of a benefit. He's just not very experienced yet with cannabis.

2Bad

2Bad

Actually, I know for a fact one of the guys/gals mentioned above is legit. He holds a pH'd in botany. I've had discussions in DM involving photosynthesis and many other topics. He's spot on about plant botany/morphology in general. What he's not up to speed on is how it all applies to cannabis. We've worked together to broaden our knowledge in those areas.

So no, one of them is not the other 2. One of them actually has plenty to share that is of a benefit. He's just not very experienced yet with cannabis.
Zill or Ken? Which one is legit

Moshmen

Moshmen

I would tend to agree I can’t remember which one mail trix not sure I put it in the man’s hands idk they all have value and none of us can be right all the time unless your aquaman ! Lmao but I’m a simpleton as are most of us when it comes to botany , this is a cannabis forum just trying to keep info related to cannabis - not of those guys have even been warned ! I just don’t want some newbie taken everything to heart

Moshmen

Moshmen

I would tend to agree I can’t remember which one mail trix not sure I put it in the man’s hands idk they all have value and none of us can be right all the time unless your aquaman ! Lmao but I’m a simpleton as are most of us when it comes to botany , this is a cannabis forum just trying to keep info related to cannabis - not of those guys have even been warned ! I just don’t want some newbie taken everything to heart
It’s ken isn’t it he’s the dude knows his plants but not cannabis yet ! Let’s school em up phd or not. Lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It’s ken isn’t it he’s the dude knows his plants but not cannabis yet ! Let’s school em up phd or not. Lol
Lets school them all up. The troll will fall out of the mix. I suspect the others just lack knowledge.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm thinking its quite possible.

I haven't used florescent style lighting since the 80's ... and to me, a T5 is nothing more than a glorified florescent light.

For veg, consider something like this ....

https://www.amazon.com/Onlylux-Lumens-Fixture-Workshop-Linkable/dp/B08R9Y4TF4/ref=sxin_15_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.f0c5ad8f-c1b9-48f0-8868-482b84b2d5eb:amzn1.sym.f0c5ad8f-c1b9-48f0-8868-482b84b2d5eb&crid=X79FWUM6JVZO&cv_ct_cx=T-8+led+shop+light&keywords=T-8+led+shop+light&pd_rd_i=B08R9Y4TF4&pd_rd_r=d6435953-0fa7-44a9-9a9b-b2fe93ae9190&pd_rd_w=d8ow8&pd_rd_wg=HvbJd&pf_rd_p=f0c5ad8f-c1b9-48f0-8868-482b84b2d5eb&pf_rd_r=97JJJV8NPF31B649PQ7S&qid=1675804544&sprefix=t-8+led+shop+light,aps,245&sr=1-3-a73d1c8c-2fd2-4f19-aa41-2df022bcb241-spons&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.d977788f-1483-4f76-90a3-786e4cdc8f10&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQ0pIN0pZRVpEQ0ZUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjExOTQyM1RWUzEyT1hMRThVSSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODU3MTIyMldaNEpMVTVJOUlYNCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3NlYXJjaF90aGVtYXRpYyZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

In most cases, people usually don't need more light. They simply need to learn how to better use the lighting they have. Yours is probably the exception and an inexpensive upgrade would likely pay you a huge benefit.

You don't necessarily need a 10 pack. A few is all you need. They also can be found in 2' and 4' lengths which makes fitting your space rather easy. They zip-tie to anything from tent posts to pegboard so you can arrange them pretty much as you see fit.

For veg, look for cooler color temps like 5000k, 6000k, or even 6500k. Your plants with adequate lighting should progress from 3 fingers to 5 fingers and so on. Outside in natural light, fan leaves can get quite large!
I hate to argue with you ( not really just trying to be polite ) but I love using T5's for the blue spectrum that keeps them short and stocky and the heat they provide, I can keep my plants within mm without them burning the leaves, They were relatively inexpensive until recently.

If you want led lighting for veg Spiderfarmer has a nice light for under $100 SF600. I bought one to use at the edges of flowering to extend the coverage ( I didn't know it was a veg light at thew time ) But it worked great I got 50,000 lux out of it and it helped with an unlit section over my plants........There's no dimmer on it so you need to use distance to change the intensity

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I hate to argue with you ( not really just trying to be polite ) but I love using T5's for the blue spectrum that keeps them short and stocky and the heat they provide, I can keep my plants within mm without them burning the leaves, They were relatively inexpensive until recently.

If you want led lighting for veg Spiderfarmer has a nice light for under $100 SF600. I bought one to use at the edges of flowering to extend the coverage ( I didn't know it was a veg light at thew time ) But it worked great I got 50,000 lux out of it and it helped with an unlit section over my plants........There's no dimmer on it so you need to use distance to change the intensity

My issue with buying T5's today is you're purchasing old technology where for just about the same price you can purchase those LED shop lights I was recommending. The lights are essentially the same in profile and the new LEDs do put out more light than those old T5's . They remain very cool too so keeping them close is not a problem.

T5's were great in their day. I, personally, would move to the newer tech. At some point those T5 flurescent bulbs will be difficult to find and they do need replaced from time to time.

2Bad

2Bad

My issue with buying T5's today is you're purchasing old technology where for just about the same price you can purchase those LED shop lights I was recommending. The lights are essentially the same in profile and the new LEDs do put out more light than those old T5's . They remain very cool too so keeping them close is not a problem.

T5's were great in their day. I, personally, would move to the newer tech. At some point those T5 flurescent bulbs will be difficult to find and they do need replaced from time to time.
You guys both make great points! Pipe mentioned blue light from T5 which is good for keeping mothers. But I like the idea of LED for quick clone vegging. I appreciate you guys ❤️

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You guys both make great points! Pipe mentioned blue light from T5 which is good for keeping mothers. But I like the idea of LED for quick clone vegging. I appreciate you guys ❤️
There are plenty of cool/cold white light options in LED shop lights. Most are between 5000k and 6500k. The idea of using blue-er light to keep them stocky is sound. I would use T5's if I had them, but if I had to buy them new ... I would purchase the LEDs

Latest posts

Top Bottom