Help With co2

• Thread starter markkelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markkelly

Hi, iv heard alot of people have had good results using co2,so iv decided to try it out,but iv got a few questions

1) How long do i have the co2 on for each hour of light?

2) When co2 is being released,i'll have my extract off plus fans etc.when is best to put the ventilation back on?

3) What part of the cycle do i start using co2? do i start it on veg or flowering,or both?

Cheers

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
i run co2 in 2min increments every three hours only in flower and with exhaust fan off for 15 min but leave oscilating fan on

M

markkelly

Thanks for your reply,how big of space have you got and what are you ppm's?

F

FARM THIS

i run off a igs-061 controller set to 1700 ( in flower only ) but i dont vent outside only indoor with mountain air 2300 .... there is almost no point to add co2 to a room that vents outside because the second you turn on the vent again all co2 goes right out thw windo ...literally.... i get it tah for two minutes every three hours which means that for 8 minutes a day in flower your plant is breathing a higher ppm of co2:no
they need to be seeing it alot more than that if you wanna see the 25 to 50% increase that you hear about !!!!
shit your better off singing to them for a half hour a day than that ........ IMO:pimp:

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Guessing co2 levels is pretty tough to do. To run it correctly you need to spend some cash. Most of us that use it do have a Enviroment controller which sets and controlls the PPM's of the PH in the room. The EC also shut the fans off when the Co2 comes on, turns on dehumidifiers. Pretty much a EC will make the perfect enviroment for plants. Using a timer is not the best way. Some people do it that way and do well.
I recomend you to not use Co2 if you have not had a few grows under your belt. Using Co2 when you do not have everything else 100% dialed in can do more harm in a quickness.

On average in a room is about 400 ppm's without adding co2. If you go in that room for a half hour the PPM's will rise to about 600-800 PPM's just by you breathing in there.

For the cost to fill a Co2 tank and the waste you will be adding, by the end of harvest you can get a EC for the cost you spent on the Co2 you wasted.

Good luck on your journey, Hope all works out.

F

FARM THIS

Guessing co2 levels is pretty tough to do. To run it correctly you need to spend some cash. Most of us that use it do have a Enviroment controller which sets and controlls the PPM's of the PH in the room. The EC also shut the fans off when the Co2 comes on, turns on dehumidifiers. Pretty much a EC will make the perfect enviroment for plants. Using a timer is not the best way. Some people do it that way and do well.
I recomend you to not use Co2 if you have not had a few grows under your belt. Using Co2 when you do not have everything else 100% dialed in can do more harm in a quickness.

On average in a room is about 400 ppm's without adding co2. If you go in that room for a half hour the PPM's will rise to about 600-800 PPM's just by you breathing in there.

For the cost to fill a Co2 tank and the waste you will be adding, by the end of harvest you can get a EC for the cost you spent on the Co2 you wasted.

Good luck on your journey, Hope all works out.

i agree .... but if you havent used co2 then you could still use it just on a smaller ppm like 1200 or so and then expirement from there ....

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I run my co2 @ 2.5 for 30 minutes on than 30 minutes off. My room is 13x10x9. I have a in room a/c. The a/c/ has a intake and exhaust, I bought it at the hydro store. My questions are, am I running enough and for long enough. Also how much am I losing from the a/c exhaust. I will be getting a controller next run. Also looking into getting a/c split next run.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

When you dial in the enviroment and add co2. You really get to see the co2 work. I used it last run in a brand new room that wasn`t dialed in and I saw no noticable improvements. This run my room is dialed and wow very noticable now. I am in only wk2 of bloom and I can`t wait to see what it does to flower size and finish time. Will I yield more or just finish sooner or both?

Latest posts

Top Bottom