Help With Coco

• Thread starter Jenkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jenkins

im currently running 7ft plants in 150 gallon smart pots im currently giving them nutrients every feed every 2 or 3 days but i was wondering if i should feed only water every other feeding

tobh

tobh

Supporter
NEVER feed coco straight water with plants in it. It will cause you issues. If you're concerned about salt build up, run a "flush" of 25% your normal EC. I do this roughly every three or four feedings, depending how heavy I'm pushing the girls at that moment. The only time to use straight water is during your final flush (if you follow such a practise).

One Love,
tobh

growGen

growGen

from what I understand coco follows hydroponic feeding schedule. you wouldn't run straight h20 through a RDWC NFT or EBB right? stick to the corresponding nutrient lines feeding schedule or heavy feed depending on strain and observations and you should be good to go. considering these are hand watered outdoor plants, perhaps flush out salt build up with a flushing agent such as mad farmer detox once between the switch from veg to flower and the final week of flower. you mentioned watering every 2-3 days, reminiscent of soil based feed/watering. try feeding them more often with less solution at a lower concentration, thus reducing the initial amount of salts that are being introduced. or rig up some drip stakes to deliver a slow steady supply of nutes, similar to the steady feeding schedule of say NFT or DWC. I also just read a bit about the SIP method, basically bottom feeding the pots in a shallow basin of solution, periodically topping off the water level. I also agree with the fellow above, smaller pots create dense root mass, absorbing less solution faster for a boost in surface production. the bigger the root the bigger the fruit. maybe, the denser the root the bigger the fruit also holds true. and a smaller smart pot would allow the roots to reach the edges and all the way to the bottom to really utilize the fresh air passing through the breathable fabric.

Last edited:
Top Bottom