Help with collection pan size

• Thread starter chuck420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chuck420

hey guys not been making bho for that long i would like to think we have our way down pretty good but i have a question on the size of our collection pan. we have a tube that can hold up to a qp and were getting up to a half oz of oil with each extraction but it is thick in our pan and was wondering if a larger pan would help it spread out and evaporate the butane better?also we have it under a heat lamp for up to 24 hrs please let me know what you think thanks!

C

cali Green

yes a bigger one would evaporate better but .. more surface to scrape with the blade..
You vac purging?

Graywolf

Graywolf

A larger surface area relative to its depth works best, with or without vacuum. It will go faster if the oil pool is molten and/or under vacuum.

C

chuck420

thanks guys, and cali green we were talking about vac purging havent tried it because i dont have a vac sealer? i really dont know what to use for it

B

B00P

The thinner the thickness of your pool of oil, the quicker the purge. Keep an eye out on craigslist or ebay. People are always trying to get rid of their old models for newer/stronger ones.

mikeb437

mikeb437

The thinner the thickness of your pool of oil, the quicker the purge. Keep an eye out on craigslist or ebay. People are always trying to get rid of their old models for newer/stronger ones.

What are they actually called? I searched oil vacuum , food saver, vacuum jar n lid on eBay. Seen a vid on YouTube where the guy had a jar with a top on it and a hand pump connected to the top. Them he would just pump it up and the oil would expand.. I want one of those! I don't need a friggin $100 dollar air compressor

Top Bottom