Help with Dab pump/Pressure Pump set up for Floraflex lines.

• Thread starter Aktommy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aktommy

Aktommy

I am in the process of changing out my rooms from RDWC to coco DTW using floraflex lines. I will be feeding each room with vertical water reservoirs plumbed into a dab pump or another brand pressure pump. I am having a hard time figuring out what kind of solenoid valve to use to feed each room, it has to be something that can be wired into a timer and open and close fast since my watering times will be 30 seconds to a minute multiple times a day. I’m not sure what to use to accomplish this.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Sprinkler valves and sprinkler timers. Toro Evolutions are good and cheap if you dont need a shit ton of sites (they have add ons, wireless, weather stations ect). Toro also does cyclestat. Opensprinkler is another one for a more DIY approach. Used them both. You honestly want to move to dosers in a setup like that.

You can wire up any type of timer you like but sprinkler valves are usually 24v so you will have to wire in relays/transformers if you don't go the route of a sprinkler timer.

Aktommy

Aktommy

Sprinkler valves and sprinkler timers. Toro Evolutions are good and cheap if you dont need a shit ton of sites (they have add ons, wireless, weather stations ect). Toro also does cyclestat. Opensprinkler is another one for a more DIY approach. Used them both. You honestly want to move to dosers in a setup like that.

You can wire up any type of timer you like but sprinkler valves are usually 24v so you will have to wire in relays/transformers if you don't go the route of a sprinkler timer.
I’ll be adding dosatrons as soon as I can (they aren’t cheap). I’ve only got 2 rooms each with 14 floraflex bubblers. Veg room works good on just a submersible pump and timer. Thanks for the advice

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I’ll be adding dosatrons as soon as I can (they aren’t cheap). I’ve only got 2 rooms each with 14 floraflex bubblers. Veg room works good on just a submersible pump and timer. Thanks for the advice

Just saying it in advanced since I was mixing 5 200 gal tanks and it would take more then half the day of filling, mixing ect. Once you start getting up to that scale dosers make more sense from the time approach vs the money approach. Time starts to become valuable. Fuck paying a helper when i can just drop the coin on dosers and do it myself (scale wise)

Aktommy

Aktommy

Just saying it in advanced since I was mixing 5 200 gal tanks and it would take more then half the day of filling, mixing ect. Once you start getting up to that scale dosers make more sense from the time approach vs the money approach. Time starts to become valuable. Fuck paying a helper when i can just drop the coin on dosers and do it myself (scale wise)
I feel the pain! I’m mixing 100 gallons daily and manually opening valves twice a day to feed the girls. Can’t wait to go dosatrons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom