Help with diagnosis.

• Thread starter momule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

momule

First timer here. Let me start by saying thanks to all the mod's for keeping thisng up on the site and to everyone for there help so far. Seems like a nice group of folks all around and tons of good info.

I had a couple plants flowering and all of a sudden the two in flowering and the new ones that are just starting out are all looking a bit sad. Too much water ? to cold or too hot. room is a small closet with (4) 300 watt cfl's. Room temps range from 65-78 i have been watering when the top 2" of soil feel dry. used 1/2 dose of miracle grow all purpose fertilizer every other watering.

Thanks for your help.
momule

Help with diagnosis
A

amstercal

I don't know what the problem is, but I have a few thoughts...
Never water by the "feel" of the soil. Learn the weight of your pots wet and dry and water accordingly. They seem a little dark green, usually too much N, but honestly I think the problem is wider than that. How long have they looked like that? What pH are you watering at? I've never used Miracle Grow for this, but lots of people say they have not had success with it, especially in bloom when you need less N. And have you seen any bugs?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Overfed and burned, the one on the right may not recover as it appears to have been burned and overwatered.

You don't need to feed anywhere nearly so often, and if using something like MG you should go with quarter strength, feeding 1x/week at most.

The one on the right has a claw with upturn to the very end of the leaf, which could be an indicator of a pest problem. If you have small, flying bugs that resemble mosquitoes or fungus gnats, you may have a larger problem in the soil than you realize.

I would give a good flush of water, pot volume at least, then allow to dry out and see what happens.

M

momule

Thanks for the input guys. I Really appreciate it.
Notes taken on watering and fertilizing. I flushed the one on the left and and replaced 50% of the soil with new soil. I trashed the one on the right as it was hard and crispy today. I dont see an evidence on pest. Is there a better/safer fertilizer that is available nationally. The main reason i chose to use some MG was that there appeared to be some phosphorus problems. Which the MG appeared to fix.

Momule

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I honestly think this is where a super-easy product like Blue Mountain Organics' lines of liquid fertilizers could be of great use for someone on your situation. It's not a canna-specific product, but it's so incredibly easy to use that I think it's actually fail-proof. But, to the best of my knowledge you can only buy it on eBay.

Otherwise, if you must use stuff you can find locally treat it like a fruiting/flowering annual. Always do your best NOT to give any fertilizer that has ANY number (NPK ---> Nitrogen, Phosphorous, K potassium) higher than 10% and you'll be sure not to fry your plants. Espoma makes a good line of products, go for acid-loving, and in vegetative growth you want higher nitrogen. In flower you want to switch feeding schedules to supply enough phosphorous (P) and potassium (K), and the BMO line will give you that and give you great ease, plus it's IMPOSSIBLE to overfeed with it.

http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Mountain-Organics?_rdc=1

I suggest getting this pack:

M

momule

Would trimming the larger dead looking leaves be beneficial or cause more harm than good at this point or not. My thoughts are those leaves are pretty messed up and trimming would allow for better light for the lower flowers.

Should I trim close to the main stalk or at the leaf end.

Do these flowers look more burned or maybe just a late bloom?

100 0279 copy
100 0282 copy
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Burned to HELL. Don't trim, flush then dry, then flush again, and wait.

B

bobby-o

damn boy.

Those things are looking super hot. Your nute conc. are way too strong. You clearly overfed it with N way too much nitrogen, you can see it locking out Mg, and you can also see the N interfering with the bud developement.

The margins and tips are of a brown burnt color indicating way too many residual salts in your medium. Caused by over fertilzing. The only remedy would to be to flush, but at this point I would scrap it and start over.

--S.U.G.

S

streets

it looks extremely burned by nutrients, and issues with ph due to too much nutes!

it will live if you can bring it back with some tlc

Top Bottom